Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question for CC TO's

sneaselsrevenge

The TO for our CC was curious how much you other City Championship TO's are charging for admission. We were thinking $5, but with the lack of quality prize support, $10 might be better to help with prizes beyond top 4. And what was POP thinking , not giving support for judges?

Our event at the Provinces Library will be "fee-free", but that has alot to do with the fact that the library rules prohibit charging a fee for events held there.

We're considering a lower fee for local league members who pay the $5 monthly fee to play at our tournaments. We'll probably not go above $5 dollars for the members at the CC. But we may go less to get more players. But we certainly won't go fee-free.

The one I'm running will be $7.00 Ill be giving some other prizes besides what PUSA is sending. Just to let everybody know that PUSA will be sending extra support stuff for Judges.

Pokedok said:
Just to let everybody know that PUSA will be sending extra support stuff for Judges.

You sure about that? When I volunteered to judge, the TO said she'd rather have me play because there was no judge support.

SteveP said:
But we certainly won't go fee-free.

I would probably charge $5 if we had that option - but we don't due to venue rules. I expect mine will be the only CC throughout North America to have a $0 registration fee :D

SteveP said:
We're considering a lower fee for local league members who pay the $5 monthly fee to play at our tournaments.
I think that may show favoratism twords your "clique" and would not be in the spirit of what I believe the city championships should be. They are not an extension of your club, but an open invitation to alll players in the area to come together.

I would think it'd be in the best interest of the game to treat all players equally.

-Catt

The Stafford,Va one will be $7 with everyone entering getting a free EX Booster pack.And,yes,that e-mail above is true.There will be staff support as per Dave.

`Sensei

Mine (Brookfield, WI) will be $5.

In addition, ALL players will get a booster pack just for attending, the top 8 will get a choice of jumbo cards, and the top4 will also get Pikachu World Collections.

catdreams, the CCs are local events, run at local venues. Sure they're open, just like our regular tournaments. In fact, we only charge the montly fee if the players want to get the promos and prizes. But still, we turn NO players away if they don't have the money. They just don't qualify for the prizes.

This raises an interesing question. Should we allow players to play at the CC without paying the required entry fee, but just make them agree that they won't get the boosters if they finish in the top 4? Of course, they'd earn the VIP package at the State Championship (if they pay and attend that one). The reason I ask is because there are other incentives besides the entry fee for TOs to want to boost the attendance at their CC.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
SteveP said:
catdreams, the CCs are local events, run at local venues. Sure they're open, just like our regular tournaments. In fact, we only charge the montly fee if the players want to get the promos and prizes. But still, we turn NO players away if they don't have the money. They just don't qualify for the prizes.

This raises an interesing question. Should we allow players to play at the CC without paying the required entry fee, but just make them agree that they won't get the boosters if they finish in the top 4? Of course, they'd earn the VIP package at the State Championship (if they pay and attend that one). The reason I ask is because there are other incentives besides the entry fee for TOs to want to boost the attendance at their CC.

Just a thought.
In my leauge, we dont charge players for promo's that we get for free. It is my understanding that nintendo is providing the prize support for the top 4 in each age group. Help me understand your methods, Exactly what does the potential extra money new players would pay over previous contributers cover?

-Catt

Pokedok said:
I showed the email to Sensei and GLB you can ask them, the email is from Dave Schwimmer.

It is true I have seen the email stating support, but doesnt say how much, but some is always better then a sharp stick in the eye ;) :p

All four of the CC that are being run by The Anaconda or myself here in Utah are going to charge $5 for the event.

SteveP said:

Just a thought.

My thought on this Steve is it could cause problems down the road. Would you not charge someone for playing in a PRerelease if they dont take the prizes and return the cards from the packs? I really dont think so. With this tournament there is a amount of prizes set forth for the winners. The player should expect to pay cause the prize pool is larger then one that they might find at a weekly league, which PUI is nice enough to help supply. Plus if you keep giving tournaments away players might always expect that, and could make running future tournaments harder.

Back