Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question for Video Game Collectors (Bubble Bobble Part 2)

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
I own an exceptionally rare video game called "Bubble Bobble Part 2." No box unfortunately, but it functions just fine - I beat it the other day, as a matter of fact!

Anyways, this is a game that goes for $200-$400 without a box (what I have). The question is: should I tear off the label of the rental store I bought it from? On one hand, having any superfluous junk on the cartridge may lower its value; on the other hand, it might increase its value, since I've heard before that this game was available at rental locations only.

Any information on this would be very appreciated, thanks!

One of the best ways to clean gunk off of a cartridge is a liqued that evaporates and will remove sticky substances like gum. Do not use WD40!
I have in the past used lighter fluid. Totally use it in an open area, like outside. Make sure to have two rags, and use as little amount as possible. The first rag is to apply and rub it clean, then use a second rag to clean off any residue.

Although this is unprofessional by way of taking it in somewhere to clean it up- a PC builder and tech suggested it to me for cleaning sticky stuff of of the plastic and do not use it to clean the actual connections in the cartridge.

Any information- this is what I have. Sorry that at this time I do not have a "professional" opinion, I got this suggestion from a friend who does it all the time to clean up plastic.

As far as the game being "rental only" - sticker or no sticker, it was rental specific and there is no denying how you obtained it.

Hope this helps some what.

So would you suggest I remove the rental bar code sticker if I'm interested in maintaining its value, ? It'd be pretty simple to take off, and would do no damage to the front at all.

If that game was only available at rental stores then I wouldn't, just because it show that it hasn't been tampered with or that it isn't a remake/fake. But then if you really want the best way to go about it, I would research how that game is being sold (if there are any being sold right now) and see if they have the stickers on them as well because it could have been that, that game was only as a few select rental stores and the sticker is proof. IMO I would leave it as is, it couldn't hurt anything. But if you insist on taking it off the method that benzo offered would work great if done right.

It's not worth $200-$400. There's a store here that specializes in freaking ancient games (mainly NES/SNES, some rare PS1 stuff), and they've had an unboxed copy of it for ages for $85.

And yeah, if the rental label thing doesnt overlap the cart's ID label at all (ie: no chance of ripping the cart's sticker in the process), I would say get rid of the rental sticker.

If it's only selling for $85 at your store, then tell that guy to give me a call, 'cause I suddenly want another! :wink:

Back