???? Question......

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by PorygonX, Aug 8, 2008.

1. PorygonX

PorygonX New Member

I wanna know the odds of me getting a Gardevoir Lv. X out of 6 SW packs? I'm getting 6 soon and I wanna know the odds of me getting one...........anyone?

2. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

slim to none, no, really

There were only 2 Lv.X's in SW, both being Gardevoir and Honchkrow

Heck, even in sets with 4 Lv.X's you would only get one a BOX, i think you would have to be pretty lucky to get a Gardevoir Lv.X out of 6 SW Packs

3. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

You could get to or 3. If you buy out of a box then it whatever or of what is left there. If you get them off a shelf, then its free game. I got 2 Hunchkrow LV X and another LV X and I bought 6 packs.

4. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

I have opened 70+ SW packs and I have pulled 0 LV X's. I kept joking around at cities I was going to write POP complaing about how bad the odds were.

5. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

It would be a 5.5% chance of pulling it out of the 6 packs if my math is correct.

Hope that helps,
    Drew

6. ARMondak

ARMondak New Member

If you really want a Gardy Lv X, take the money you would've used to buy 6 packs and buy a Gardy Lv X off of eBay.

7. PorygonX

PorygonX New Member

I can't do that because this is a gift card to another store.

8. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Well, average of 1 Lv.X a box, so...
    6 = 16.66666

Given that there are 2 Lv.Xs in the set...

16.66666= 8.333333

You've got an 8.333333% chance.

9. PorygonX

PorygonX New Member

What do you guys mean by a Box? Can I get it where they sell packs? Is it under $20?

10. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

A box is 36 packs. If you're buying it retail, be prepared to spend well over 100 dollars on one.

11. Muscovy Level X

And Lv.X amounts are rated by box. So in a set where there are 2 Lv.Xs per box, you'll always get that amount per box. Packages, on the other hand, are more random (same ratio). It could be possible to get 36 Lv.Xs out of 36 random packs, but it's only a chance of something like 0.000000005% (My colculator didn't have enough numbers)

12. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

I got 10 SW packs, and Gardy was in the 9th one...

So idunno. Out of 72 packs, on average, you should have 1 Gardy Lv. X.

13. PorygonX

PorygonX New Member

Do the boxes ALWAYS have one Lv. X in them?

14. Muscovy Level X

For SW, I think so.
    For all the other ones (MD-) it is either 0, 1 or 2, meaning an average of 1.
    I asume SW is simply 1, no 0 or 2.