Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions about Slowking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsirugi

[CHRISBO EDIT - Fixed title to be more descriptive.]

Lets say I have a few slowkings on the bench and a noremovel gym up do they discard two cards first before I start flipping for the slowkings and if I get heads do those cards stay in the discard,same with chaos gym would I have a choice to make them flip first for the chaos.

To anyone who has the ruling on this youre reply would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some rulings that should answer your NoRemoval Gym question:
== NO REMOVAL GYM (Gym: Heroes Expansion)

Q. If a No Removal Gym is in play and the I have a Slowking and they play a SER, do they have to discard the cards from their hand first and the energy as the gym effects the card before it is played then it is effect by Mind Games?
A. In this case, your opponent WOULD have to discard the 2 cards from their hand due to the No Removal effect to actually PLAY the SER. Then you could check for the Slowking effect, and it might [cause] the SER to have no effect and then it would get placed back on their deck. They would NOT have to discard the energy card for the SER actual effect unless that card actually resolves. (Apr 19, 2001 WotC Chat, Q65)

Q. If No Removal Gym is in play and a Slowking is on the opponent's bench, if I choose to use Energy Removal do I still have to pay the two-card penalty even if the flip for Mind Games is heads and the E.R. goes on top of my deck?
A. You only pay the addditional cost if you actually play the trainer. (Apr 5, 2001 WotC Chat, Q196)

There are way too many rulings about Slowking and Chaos Gym to post here. Check out the Compendium at http://pkcompendium.hypermart.net/compendium/rulings_compendium.shtml and look under "Pokemon Powers -> Mind Games" and "Trainer Cards -> Chaos Gym".

Enjoy,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back