Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by bonslypwns, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Uhm... for GG, I want to know what to expect for decks in them at states.

What's the best starter?
    What's the best tech?
    Will they focus on Gardy or Gallade more?
    Which Ralts?

I need to know so I can try and counter, or see some of this coming. Thanks!

2. PokeMontoya

PokeMontoya New Member

Doesnt Anders tell you anything? :p Expect to see (for our metagame) lots of furret more gallade could be any ralts

3. astewart

astewart New Member

What's the best starter? absol
    What's the best tech? gardy
    Will they focus on Gardy or Gallade more? depends on the player
    Which Ralts? usualy the dragon frontiers but somtimes power keepers.

well i think the best defence from G&G (gardygallade) is usualy a quick setup or absol for hand disruption

hope that helped

4. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Absol or 3-1 chinling line
    None
    Depends on your playing style. I perfer gardy
    SW

If you are trying to counter there really is not point to these questions because everydeck is different. Just try to counter the gereral GG. Just make sure that gallade and gardy are both the main attackers.

5. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Thats just what i've seen

6. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Montoya: Sorta... not really. I've helped him more then he helps me lately. :/ Yea... how Gatr? I just need to make a deck that beats mag and GG, so I need to make sure nothing surprises me...

7. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Gatr uses DRE (usually the deck runs 1or2 castforms) and so you just load up on energy or 3 for 60 (just like Gallade) and discards a card from your opponent's hand but gatr is a water so it could help improve your chances against mag since gatr is water

8. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

GG beats Feraligatr easily especially if they're using the version that focuses on Gardy. Lots of GG also run Dusknoir which hurts the Gatr also.

9. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

My input in bold.

10. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Best Starter in GG is Pachirisu/Furret engine, most used TeCH is 1-0-1 Dusknoir or 1-1 Cresselia Lv.X. GG plays Gallades and Gardevoir Lv.X and don't use much of it's Gardevoirs SWs in attacking (2 in deck and only pokemon engine). But there is also an other deck that plays both, Gardevoir and Gallades Plox, it plays 4-2-3-1 Gardevoir Lv.X and 2 Gallades + 2-2 Claydol + 4x TGW and 1-0-1 Dusknoir with Pachirisu start.

11. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Intresting. thanks! Hope I can get some more feedback. Thanks all!

12. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

It doesn't always use/need Dusknoir. If there is a lot of Mag expect a Gatr mt or Gyaradose sw tech.

13. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Yep thats true, Last time i versed Plox though they were using Duskinoir... Lets just say it was a very long... Boring... and Intense match up... I dunno how it could be all those at once lol. Anyways... I reckon duskinoir does more than what gatr or Gyarados do becasue of the fact that it lowers there bench space... aand maggy really does need bench space. I did end up win the match.. but it came down to a coin flip. Also Duskqueen can OHKO banny mid-late game which is very good to have.

JMO,

~ Sam