Quotable Quotes

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Jeremy Badeaux, Nov 11, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Jeremy Badeaux

Jeremy Badeaux New Member

Go ahead and share some of your favorite quotes(and please credit the person you are quoting).
    I'll go ahead and start things off with a couple of quotes.

I don't feel good. -Last words of Luther Burbank

Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something. -Last words of pancho Villa

I would have made a good Pope. -Richard Nixon

I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up. -Tom Lehrer

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand. -Unknown

A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies. -Oscar Wilde

Anyone can win, unless there happens to be a second entry. -George Ade

I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake. -Bob Hudson

I may have my faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. -Jimmy Hoffa

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. -John F. Kennedy

Never accept a drink from a urologist. -Erma Bombeck's father

A child is a curly, dimpled lunatic. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
    I don't know, and I don't care. -William Safire

It's a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn't want to hear. -Dick Cavett

last one(for now).
    Brain damage reading test:
    People tell me one thing and out the other. I feel as much like I did yesterday as I did today. I never liked temperature. My throat is closer than it seems. Likes and dislikes are among my favorites. No napkin is sanitary enough for me. I don't like any of my loved ones. -Daniel M. Wegner

Post away. I'll post more at a later time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  2. Rep13

Rep13 New Member

"Will the roads of the internet ever become more fewer." - George W. Bush

3. zell94606

zell94606 New Member

cool list.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.-Mahatma Gandhi

Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right;decide on what you think is right and stick to it.-George Eliot.

He who has health has hope. And he who has hope has everything.-Arabian proverb

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

"My mind is not a good place to be." ---Batman

"You mean they're taking what we thought we think, and making it so we that we think our thoughts we thought we think our thoughts. I think?" (or something like that) ----Patrick Starr

"Why don't you go find someone you can actually beat, like an infant or a monkey."-----Kaiba (Someone on Wizpog had that quote in their sig.)

I'll try to think of some more later. I know I have a good one from Ash somewhere. ;)

5. Jeremy Badeaux

Sorry it took me this long to post more quotes, I was out of town for a few days.

We're all in this alone. -Lily Tomlin

I have found little that is good about human beings. In my experience most of them are trash. -Sigmund Freud

The big cities of America are becoming Third World countries. -Nora Ephron

Schizophrenia beats dining alone. -Unknown

No sane man will dance. -Cicero

Anything that is too stupid too be spoken is sung. -Voltaire

Is that a beard, or are you eating a muskrat? -Dr. Gonzo

The dead actor requested in his will that his body be cremated and ten persent of his ashes thrown in his agent's face. -Unknown

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function. -Garrison Keiller

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I. -Frank Crow

I don't really trust a sane person. -Pro Football lineman Lyle Alzado

Never raise your hand to your children - it leaves your midsection unprotected. -Robert Orben

In America there are two classes of travel - first and with children. -Robert Benchley

I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens. -Woody Allen

Death is natures way of saying "Howdy". -Unknown

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. -Groucho Marx

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. -Unknown

For every ten jokes, thou hast got a hundred enemies. -Laurence Sterne

I tell you I can feel them! They're all around us! Young people! Getting closer!. -Hamilton Cartoon Caption

6. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

I figured I'd put up some quotes that reflect my life as of right now:

"I found more joy in sorrow, than you could find in joy." -- Sara Teasedale, The Answer

"Knowledge is the only instrument of production that is not subject to diminishing returns." -- J. M. Clark, Journal of Political Economy, Oct. 1927

"My life is like the autumn leaf that trembles in the moon's pale ray; Its hold is frail -- its date is brief, restless -- and soon to pass away" -- Richard Henry Wilder, My Life

"Time was -- time shall be -- drain the glass -- But where in time is now?" -- John Quincy Adams, The Hour Glass

"Where is truth if there is no self-trust?" -- William Shakespeare, Rape of Lucrece

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  7. RaNd0m

RaNd0m New Member

C`mon Random,you know we don`t want that stuff here on the `Gym.The rules have always been that way and even though it`s in the news and everywhere in the world,it doesn`t mean it can be posted here.Please don`t post any "sexual" things again.-`Sensei.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2003
  8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

"Buttered Toast" -Ed (One of my personal Favorites ;))

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2003
  9. Marril

Marril New Member

"Between heaven and hell, amidst the clouds and the fires, disclosed by
    guilty and innocent stands fallen angels and fugitive demons - God's wicked
    children."
    - Edgar Allan Poe

"Why are you people still alive?!?!?!
    Oh yeah, its only tuesday..."
    - Zorak

"Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, enexorably, here."
    –-The Architect

10. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

"Here firewood, here firewood, doesn't look like theres any firewood here pikachu"-Ash

11. IndigoMaster

IndigoMaster New Member

"Only misers perform great deeds" -Niccolo Macchiavelli, The Prince, 1532

12. KingOfDemons

KingOfDemons New Member

Thous shalt not post a quote thread...because I'll bombard them with quotes!

1. "Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps: for he is the only animal is struck by the difference between what things are and what they might have been."
    - William Hazlitt

2. "I’m not crazy; I just don’t give a darn."
    - Daffy Duck

3. "It is the unknown that defies our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers. We explore our lives, day by day. And we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge. And that is why I am here. Not to conquer you with weapons or with ideas, but to coexist and learn."
    - Avery Brooks as Comdr. Benjamin Sisko on the Television Show " Star Trek: Deep Space Nine", episode "Emissary."

4. "He (Magneto) knew that moral behavior was a choice, not a characteristic. Those who claim to be good…do evil. And those who have cursed and threatened their fellow man have often done so for a perceived greater good."
    - The Watcher from Marvel’s Mini Series "Earth X" written by Alex Ross

5. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
    - George S. Patton

6. "I never deny, I never contradict. I sometimes forget."
    - Benjamin Disraeli

7. "Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun."
    - Robin Williams as Airman Adrian Cronaur from the movie "Good Morning, Vietnam"

8. "An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."
    - Dan Rather

9. "Opinion does create debate and, often times, controversy, just as it is designed to do. Right or wrong, that is the nature of the beast."
    -- Jim Ross in his "The Ross Report" weekly column dated 08/25/2001 from WWE.com

10. "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from stupid questions."
    -- Ted Giannoulas A.K.A. The San Diego Chicken quoted in the January 2003 Esquire Magazine in the article "What I've Learned".

11. "Sometimes I think there's no reason to get out of bed…then I feel wet, and I realize there is."
    -- Homer Simpson (voice of Dan Castellaneta), from the TV Show "THE SIMPSONS" quoted in the January 2003 Esquire Magazine in the article "What I've Learned: The Best of The Best".

13. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

"Mmmmmmm Doughnuts (Gargaling Noise)."
    -Homer Simpson
    "Doh!"
    -Homer Simpson

14. Yugi's_tough_chick

Yugi's_tough_chick New Member

Oh boy, quotes! Lessee...

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, if aimed right.-Unknown

If life gives you lemons, throw them back and demand the apples you asked for in the first place!- Unknown

" If we're so rich.:looks up at "ceiling", which is really all the lights on the set:-then how come we can't afford a ceiling?"-Will Smith, Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire

" I remember when oil was 35 cents a gallon and everyone was talking about how we might run out. Turns out we did run out of 35-cents-a-gallon oil. But there's plenty of $2 a gallon oil."- Paul Rodriguez, quoted in Montreal Gazette

I have to think of more. Trust me, it will not take long. :thumb:

15. Jeremy Badeaux

If I had done everything I was credited with, I'd be speaking to you from a laboratory jar at Harvard. -Frank Sinatra

Nothing succeeds like the appaerance of success. -Cristopher Lasch

Nothing fails like success. -Gerald Nachman

Never face facts; if you do you'll never get up in the morning. -Marlo Thomas

You may already be a loser. -Form letter received by Rodney Dangerfield

It is impossible to enjoy idling unless there is plenty of work to do. -Jerome K. Jerome

If you have a job without aggravations, you don't have a job. -Malcolm Forbes

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? -Charlie McCarthy(Edgar Bergen)

Anybody who works is a fool. I don't work, I merely inflict myself on the public. -Robert Morley

Work is much more fun than fun. -Noël Coward

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat. -Lily Tomlin

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. -Oscar Wile

Every generation laughs at the old fashions but religiously follows the new. -Harry David Thoreau

I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch. -Gilda Radner

Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose. -Unknown

The best way to keep one's word is not to give it. -Napoleon

Sometimes a fool makes a good suggestion. -Nicolas Boileau

Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away. -Robert Orben

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. -Redd Foxx

To eat is human
    To digest divine. -Mark Twain

Recipe for chili from Allan Shivers, former governer of Texas:
    Put a pot of chili on the stove to simmer.
    Let it simmer. Meanwhile, broil a good steak.
    Eat the steak. Let the chili simmer. Ignore it.

When compelled to cook, I produce a meal that would make a sword swallower gag. -Russell Baker

Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. -G.K. Chesterton

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found. -Calvin Trillin

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder. -Alfred Hitchcock

What luck for rulers that men do not think. -Adolf Hitler

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. -Voltaire

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. -W. Somerset Maugham

That will be all for now, I'm likey to post more at a later time.

16. Marril

Marril New Member

"Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It
    depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The
    person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in.
    He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong
    sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own
    pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within
    himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man."
    - From "Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib", by the Princess Irulan

--

"Life...is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless,
    perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable,
    because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're
    stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly
    wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a
    while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an english toffee, but
    they're gone too fast, and the taste is...fleeting. So you end up
    with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and
    teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat
    those, all you've got left is an empty box filled with useless
    brown paper wrappers."
    - The Cigarette Smoking Man, X-Files: Musings of a CSM

--

"You have conquered, and I yield. Yet, henceforward, art thou also dead --
    dead to the World, to Heaven, and to Hope! In me didst thou exist -- and, in
    my death, see by this image, which is thine own, how utterly though hast murdered
    thyself."
    -Edgar Allen Poe

--

"You told me why you hate magic. You never asked why I hate the church. I'll tell
    you why. It's because you're closed-minded, intolerant, dogmatic, and most of all,
    you're amateurs."
    -Jeff Grubb, The Gathering Dark

--

"I am not ressurected through my own power. I am ressurected
    through human desires. For power, they steal and to them power
    becomes justice. That's the reason I'm here. Do you not
    have any desires? You humans develop according to desire, and
    come to me after losing your faith. Can you really call me
    evil?"
    - Count Dracula

--

"Shouldn't a God be above those he oversees? To be omniscient
    and omnipotent? Even a good God distances himself from those
    he protects, and strikes down upon them with his wrath when
    they displease him. Such is the nature of a God. Is it not
    natural that I do the same thing?"
    - Kesnick Vaspleck

--

"It is better to take what does not belong to you, rather than to leave
    it lying there neglected."
    - Mark Twain

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  17. RaNd0m

RaNd0m New Member

Lo Siento, Sensei =P

18. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

Random, could you please PM me what you said? thanks.

19. NoTime4LoveDrJ

NoTime4LoveDrJ New Member

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." - Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, referring to Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction

20. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Tony Robins HUNGRY-Tony Robins