Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

R-gon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempley05

Hey guys, heres my deck for Saturday if anyone can offer me some fixes that’d be awesome.

3 Flygon d
2 Flygon ex d
3 Vibrava d
4 Trapinch d (2 Grass, 2 Psychic)
1 Eggs d
1 Eggs jr d
1 Latios ex d
1 Rayquaza ex d
1 Mew d
1 Mew* d
1 Chimecho d
4 Holon's Castfrom
1 Holon's Voltorb

4 Holon's Transceiver
2 Holon Mentor
2 Researcher
1 Adventurer
1 Scientist
1 Farmer
1 Lannettes
3 Rare Candy
4 Windstorm
1 Giant Stump
1 Strength Charm
1 Crystal Shard
2 Castaway
1 Warp Point

4 d Rainbow
2 Psychic
1 Fighting
1 Grass
1 Lightning
1 Metal

Basically attach energies and use your techs to the max.

y is there 5 flygns wen the limit is 4?

Flygon and Flygon ex are considered different names, so you can have up to 4 of each.

4 Metagross (mixture of delta and standard)
4 Metagross ex
1 Metagross*

Is the most Metagross you can have.

I thought you were playing two Rayquaza exs?

Fearow's Rayex/Eggs bait IMO, that's probably why he's not running it. It also takes up two spots. I've come to love the consistancy of 3-4 Mentors, but it's your call.

Yeah 3-4 Mentors is the way 2 go. Forget Lanette cuz you have Researcher for Rayz, also add in Brineys and take out a Windstorm. Lastly, are you talking about the Battle Roads on Saturday in Manhattan cuz im in Seniors and if you are too...you know (cracks knuckles to prepare for fight). Ill be there.

I'm in Masters, but say hi anyway. You'll know me because my outfit will stand out. I'm not going to be running this deck...not because I don't like it, but because I don't have the cards for it. OOPS!

1. 3 mentor
2. 3/1 trapinch with lanette. no use in 2/2.
3. shard? naw peace. unless you're playing people bad enough to use flygon d vs you or your metagame is pure dragon (rare) you won't need this. drop it.
4. 4 windstorm is too much. drop it to 3 unless your meta is infested with destiny or delta. either case you still win.
5. 1 castaway is fine. more room!
6. youve opened up more slots, so either make it more consistent or add more tech pokemons.
7. 11 energy is betttta

-1 Flygon EX d
-1 Vibrava d
-1 Trapinch d (psychic)
+1 Exeggcute
+1 Exeggutor
+1 Tech (another mew d or Ray EX d or Latias d or something like that)

-1 Crystal Shard
+1 Strength Charm

-1 Windstorm
+1 Holon Mentor or Lanette

-1 Warp Point
+1 Mr. Briney's Compassion

-1 Holon Farmer
-1 Fighting Energy
+2 Lightning Energy if you add another Ray or +1 Lightning, +1 Grass if not.

Actually, the Crystal Shard has won me a number of games, so keep it! Arco (no. 1 ranked Master in the World) lost to a random Salamence EX (PK) deck because he couldn't OHKO the Salamence, and the Salamence could OHKO all his Pokemon. He lost 31 points in that game. I did run the Crystal Shard, and beat the Salamence deck twice on the day. So yeah, keep it, you'll never know what random decks you'll run into :p
Otherwise:

- 1 Vibrava
+ 1 Spearow
+ 1 Fearow
- 1 Lanette
+ 1 Mentor
- 1 Castaway

also, 11 energies is pretty much a must. Sometimes you can't rely on Chimecho, and then 10 energies really is too low.

Ryan, the UK doesn't have a developed metagame. Its perfectly possible to come up against the colourless dragons. The UK metagame is frightening just because there isn't one. The only deck I wouldn't expect to see much of in the UK is Destiny.

Your point on the usability of strength charm is 100% correct, I play it in Flygon. But I can't help thinking that a crystal shard might not be more appropriate in the UK. SCRUBS-R-US??? Nah thats a bit unfair. What would be fair is to say that the spread of play levels within the UK is wide. You can call me a scrub in private and I wont mind :D its not so very far from the truth.

Kempley your deck needs more basic energy.

hey kempley- no idea if this is your *actual* nats deck but hey ho

Although I know how varied the metagame can be in the UK- how many games will you use shard? Anna's example did sound a bit painful for Arco- but thats a bit of a one off imo. Then think- how many games might you need that second strength charm? Just M2C

Mentor has GOT to come up to three. Thats imperative.

And tbh, i wudnt bother with fearow!! U seemed fine without it Saturday.

Best of luck with tuning the deck and see you on Sat! :D

Thought about replacing a grass energy with a lightning for Rayquaza and Rainbow wave versus the high metanite metagame?

Charm is good in EVERY matchup, whereas shard is only good in weird matchups. If you expect to see a lot of colorless weak... then I guess put it in. Otherwise having 2 charms is amazing and almost critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back