R/S on: Eclipse v. 0.1

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Wild Eep, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Eep

Wild Eep New Member

Wild Eep Productions proudly presents:

Eclipse v. 0.1!

Pokémon: 18

4 Lunatone
    4 Solrock
    4 Nosepass
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Wobbuffet

Trainers: 22

4 Potion
    4 Energy Search
    3 Switch
    3 Professor Birch
    4 Pokémon Reversal
    4 Energy Removal 2

Energy: 20

8 Psychic Energy
    4 Fighting Energy
    4 Multi Energy
    4 Darkness Energy

Object:

The object of the deck is to use the meteorite Pokémon's Poké Powers to inflict as much damage as possible either through weakness or Darkness Energy (on Lunatone).

Card-by-Card Analysis:

Lunatone: The first half of the deck's trump combo, Lunatone seems to be weaker than Solrock at first, but with a Solrock in play, Lunatone can become a Darkness-type Pokémon for the rest of the turn and take advantage of Darkness Energy to deal more damage. Under Nintendo rules, it's perfectly safe to attach Darkness Energy without drawback.
    Solrock: The other half of the deck's trump combo, Solrock has more HP and more initial power. With Lunatone's help, Solrock can avoid Fighting Resistance or exploit a Fire weakness. Solrock is the only Pokémon that requires a Fighting Energy to deal damage, so I use minimal Fighting Energy/Multi Energy to power its attack.
    Nosepass: One of the deck's support Pokémon. If Nosepass is facing an Evolved Pokémon, it can act as a Computer Search. Or it can just fling its opponent!
    Dunsparce: Dunsparce's the Pokémon who works behind the scenes to piece the whole combo together. It can call Lunatone and Solrock and/or Wobbuffet and put a Benched Pokémon in the Active slot so the new Pokémon can get to earning prizes!
    Wobbuffet: The secret weapon against EX-Pokémon. It can also crack skulls very nicely even without Ex-Pokémon around.
    Potion: Even Meteorites need healing!
    Energy Search: Gets the right energy at the right time.
    Switch: Free and additional retreat each turn!
    Professor Birch: Nice for refilling hands.
    Pokémon Reversal: Flippy Gust's better than no Gust.
    Energy Removal 2: See above and replace all instances of "Gust" with ER.
    Psychic Energy: Powers Lunatone and Wobbuffet.
    Fighting Energy: Powers Solrock.
    Multi Energy: Powers anyone.
    Darkness Energy: PlusPowers for Moons!

Future Plans for the Deck:
    1. Perhaps add basics with free retreat and/or good defensive Poké Bodies (i.e. Volbeat and Illumise)
    2. What's the best way to convert this deck to E-on?

Special Thanks goes to:
    You, the reader!

-Wild Eep

2. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Just reading it, and it seems like a good combo. Also, so you know, you are E-on already. Only thing to look out for is which Reversal you're using, because there's 2 completely different versions. And we're nonethewiser as to play as written or not. But great deck.

3. Wild Eep

Wild Eep New Member

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough... What I meant to say was:
    Which cards from the Expedition "block" could help my deck?

And thanks for the Pokémon Reversal heads-up!

4. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Ah, I see that makes sense. You might want to ditch the Birch's, they usually don't get enough cards. Try Copycat or Professor Oak's Research, they're supporters, but can get more cards than Birch.

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Uh....I believe that was spam... So uh...welcome to the forums...

6. donte

donte New Member

[Edit: Welcome to the 'Gym. Please do not hijack someone else's deck thread with posts about what you got in your decks or packs. If you have a question or topic of your own, start your own thread rather than try and change someone else's thread to your topic.

If you have not done so, please be sure you've read and understand the rules of the PokéGym; they are linked in the 'sticky' thread at the top of each forum. Also, please do not post your physical address as your location; that information should never be part of your public profile.

SD PokéMom, moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.