R&S Raichu & Rainbow Energy

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by League Leader Terry, Sep 17, 2003.

1. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

OK, if I have 1 Lightning Energy, 1 Rainbow, and 1 Fire on Raichu and I do his Shock Bolt (LLC, 60 damage, ditch all Lightning Energy attached to him), do I have to ditch the Rainbow as well?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Yes. Rainbow is always each type, so anything that checks for a certain type of Energy, and doesn't specify Basic, automatically is triggered by Rainbow Energy.

3. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Just to clarify, Rainbow Energy provides a copy of all basic energy types at all times. But if something calls for a Basic Energy card, then Rainbow Energy does not meet that expectation (like Rainbow Burn Ho-oh). If something calls for "basic energy" then you're all set.

Oh and R&S Raichu? There isn't one in R&S. There is one in Sandstorm but it's an ex and its attack, Mega Thunderbolt, does cost LLC, but you Discard all Energy cards attached to it.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2003
  4. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Expedition Raichu -

LC Shock Bolt 60 Discard all L Energy cards attached to Raichu or this attack does nothing.

5. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

RainbowRichards-you made a typo. It's cost is LLC, not LC.

6. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Thanks - that's what I get for using the spoiler at PokeSchool ;) (I'll have to have a word with Psy Sneasel!!!)

7. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

Whoops, my bad. :)