Raichu/Raikou Deck ( Raikuchu ) first deck ever

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Keith1995, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith1995

Keith1995 New Member

This is my first attempt ever at creating a TCG Deck. I've recently found interest in the game with a friend and I am going to a TCG in a couple weeks, and could really use some first advice. this is the deck I've built, thanks for your time! The idea of the deck is to get cards out fast and utilize Raichu Break's 170 damage and zero retreat cost ( raichu BREAK loses all energy after it attacks, costing 3 Energy ).

19 Pokémon

4 Pikachu
    4 Raichu
    4 Raichu BREAK
    4 Raikou
    3 Shaymin EX

25 Trainer/Item/Stadium

4 Ultra Ball
    3 Skyfield
    2 Bursting Balloon
    2 fighting Fury Belt
    2 Skyla
    3 Professor's Letter
    2 Great Ball
    2 Misty's Determination
    2 tierno
    1 Wally
    1 Max Elixir
    1. Super Rod

16 Energies

4 Double Colorless Energies
    12 basic Lightning Energy

2. FREAKAZOID175

FREAKAZOID175 Member

Unless you really wanted to focus on Raichu Break, you could realistically drop them all and focus more on Circle Circuit Raichu since you don't really have a way to stream Grand Bolt consistently. Circle Circuit would be able to put out almost as much damage if Skyfield was out and your bench was full, it's one less evolution to play, it costs less energy, and it doesn't discard the energy when you attack.

I would suggest:
    -4 Raichu Break
    -2 Bursting Ballon
    -2 Professor's Letter
    -2 Great Ball
    -2 Misty's Determination
    -2 Tierno
    -1 Max Elixir
    -2 Skyla
    -4 Lightning energy

+4 Muscle Band
    +4 Professor Sycamore
    +1 Sacred Ash
    +2 Bridgette
    +4 VS Seeker
    +2 Level Ball
    +2 N
    +2 Lysandre

The changes I suggest are largely there to add draw power to the deck or help fill up your bench to increase Circle Circuit's damage output. This is of course assuming you are okay with dropping the Breaks completely. I don't want to change up your deck's theme too drastically. I do think leaving one or two Breaks in as a tech could be fun as a nice little surprise for your opponent. These changes are also all made assuming you are building the deck for Standard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.