Raigron (raichu & Aggron)mt

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by pokefanpearl, Dec 9, 2007.

1. pokefanpearl

pokefanpearl New Member

Has any one thought of combining RAICHU and AGGRON from MT??? I have built such a deck and will post it later. O dont forget ab DELCATTY as it is a important part of the deck!

2. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I'd like to ask... Why Aggron, when Delcatty EX (CG) does the same thing, but with less HP, a lower evolution stage, higher damage, free retreat, and less energy cost?
    Aggron's psychic resistance isn't much good in premier events, because the pokemon that are commonly played and are psychic type either place damage counters (Bannette, and I suppose Gengar in red face paint areas), or do other effects (Gardevoir LV.X, instant KO). Additionally, Steel's only super effective against Weavile, which isn't that commonly played...

I do like Raichu, yes. It's a great set up card AND early game attacker. The problem is... Who can it befriend? It can't hold a candle to... much of anything middle game, let alone late game. Can Aggron? You're not KOing much of anything with Aggron's first attack, even if there's a special metal in the discard (70 won't OHKO most stage 1s anymore...). Hard Metal seems impressive for 100 damage, but unless you have several metal energies attached, you'll be taking a load of recoil damage (the 4 energy needed to negate recoil damage is a tad rediculous).
    I don't feel like Aggron's the partner you are looking for, but that's just me. Aggron would rather have a partner such as Bronzong or Delcatty who plants Metal energy in the discard, without having Raichu Nonsense (as Raichu won't really help Aggron set up...). Raichu would rather have someone who can better take advantage of lightning energy on the table. Just my opinion... If you can get this combo to work, more power to you. I just feel if you can achieve similar effects but to a greater extent, why do go for the more difficult set up?

3. pokefanpearl

pokefanpearl New Member

Well u make sum great points rai! I built this deck for 2 reasons, the first is that i wanted sumthing diffrent bc thats my style and the second is to fool my competition! RAICHU is there not to help set up but as the main attacker... AGGRON is support for RAICHU and DELCATTY is support for AGGRON and also draw power. I prefer AGGRON over CATTY EX bc i like the type better, more HP and also when a EX gets knocked out ur oponnet gets 2 prizes over 1. I know the set up seems like it may be difficult, but can be fairly quick with rare candy, rosanne, and celio.

4. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

D/P fire weakness on a stage 2 >>>>>> 2x fighting weakness on a 90 hp ex