Rain Forest eon

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by BLiZzArD, Sep 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

21 pokes

4 Carvanha
    3 Sharpedo
    4 treecko(tail slap)
    4 grovyle(poison breath)
    4 Sceptile(2holo 2 non)
    2 Scyther ex

18 Trainers

1 Town volunteers
    4 Poke nurse
    3 Oracle
    4 Elm
    4 Poke nav
    2 Energy search

21 energy

3 dark
    4 rainbow
    5 water
    9 leaf

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Interesting, but what's the strategy? Why specifically combine Sceptile and Sharpedo?

3. Pablo

Pablo New Member

i guess sharpedo is there to cover weakness to fire... the deck looks pretty solid :p

4. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

a good question and I should have explained I love shapedo and think he can be splashed into almost any deck he only requires 1 water and 2 colorless and so doing the 70 damage with the dark energy rules plus the weakness to fire that sceptile has:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

well I see a pattern with Sceptile.

Can Move Rainbow to Sharpedo for dark requirement, i belive his attack only requires 1 Water and 2 Colorless, Easy to heal with Nurses...

Um, needs Switch..... 3 retrreat on Sceptile (how is a Poekmon so fast get such a high retreat?).

I would do something like this

-2 Scyther
    -3 oracle (nothing to support them)
    -2 Poke Navs
    -2 Energy Search
    -1 Water

+2 Cleffa (Speed)
    +3 Switch (high retreat)
    +1 Fisherman get back discarded energy
    +1 grass(leaf)
    +3 the last is personal preferance. Either Lady Outting (garunteed 2 Energy instead of 1) or Copycat/Oaks Research, Bill or some other drawing Power card.

These additions will speed up the deck. I think Sceptile's and Sharpedo can hit hard enough without an EX Pokemon (why let opponent draw 2 prizes when he is not really needed?)

6. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

spectreon this is an eon deck can't use some of those cards thanks for the help though

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  7. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Ok sorry, didnt see the Eon in title...
    Well, what makes you think Elm will be allowed in Eon? Just cause it is a Best Promo, I doubt it. Anyways, well then with the exception of 2 Cleffas, my fix should be pretty on target. can always use Nosepass instead.... Or tech in 2 of the Plates that allow to shuffle/draw 6. Dont remember fo rsure which one, I believe Gama or Omega

8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Pokemon:
    Simple: you don't need an ex Pokemon, you need a solid Baby. Enter either promo Cleffa or promo Iggly in place of the Scythers.

Trainers:
    Nav, Search, and Oracle have to go (9). In their place, we put in 3 Copycat (6), 2 Lady Outing (4), 2 Center (2), and 2 Switch. Copy and Lady should be obvious. Center is for additional healing power, since Sceptile should be able to move around virtually all the NRG that you have to something that's undamaged (read: Cleffa). Switch is for mobility, especially since you only have 1 retreat per turn AND Sceptile has a really high retreat cost.

Energy:
    I'd drop a Water for a Grass, just because you have plenty of searching and draw power that the extra water won't be necessary, and more Grass is better for Sceptile.

9. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

-pokenav + juggler (to be combo'd wiith oracle)
    -1 water, +1 grass, (keep in mind that rainbow is covering your darkness AND your water requirement when put on sharpedo)
    maybe change energy search to lady outting. that way you get two instead of one.
    and figure out a way to squeeze in some copycats or prof oaks somewhere for more drawing power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.