Rainbow Shock (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by SwampertEX, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Rainbow Shock (E-on)
    Pokemon:21
    4 Trapinch (Bind)
    4 Vibrava (Rare)
    4 Flygon (2 of each)
    3 Magnemite (2 Hook, 1 Thundershock)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Dunsparce (SS)
    1 Latios ex (Too bad I can't Mr. Briney him...)

Trainers:21
    3 Elm's Method
    3 Switch
    3 Oran Berry
    2 Copycat
    2 Balloon Berry (Muk ex TecH)
    2 Bill's Maintenance
    1 Juggler
    1 Lady Outing
    2 TV
    2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    1 Forest Gaurdian

Energy:18
    4 Grass
    6 Electric
    2 Psychic
    2 Fighting
    2 Water
    2 Fire

I built this deck after the Dragons prerelease and it is AWSOME!!! It's soooo much fun to play, and I got tired of my old Swampert/Cacturne deck. It runs VERY smoothly and I haven't had any trouble with it so far. Tell me what you think! :thumb:
    -Swampert

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

-1 Magnemite
    -1 Magneton
    +2 Kecleon

If you are going with all energy types anyways, use the Rainbow Pokemon as well....

Change energy to

6 Electric
    4 Grass
    2 Fire
    2 Water
    2 Psychic
    2 Fighting

add in Lady Outing too. The holo Flygon can Dance energy like crazy between Vibriva's attack and Lady Outing. Can power up immensely by third turn...

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I don't like Kecleon, too flippy for my taste. I wish I had some Lady Outing though... I changed the energy to your suggestion Spectreon, and it runs alot better! Thanks!
    -Swampert

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Yeah, he is flippy, but with almost garunteed 40 a flip, and 80 a flip on double weakness, Flippy is a good thing. I am going to try out a Flygon deck too, which i will post soon, which just happened to include Magneton too.

With Magneton, do you really need Energy Recycle System? Trade 1 for a second TV, and 1 for another Juggler, which should bring them to 1-1-1, or 3 if you add them together.

Also, if you have them/when you get them trade Oran Berry for Briney's Compasion. No Pokemon EX means Briney should be in the deck. Much better healing.

5. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Hey, my friend (dark-sith... he should be signing up for the boards soon) at the Dragon Pre-release built this kind of thing for his sealed, he's been tinkering with it for modified as well. I like his version a bit better than yours, though they use a lot of different things.

As for a fix on yours... hmm

Drop a TV...

Like Spectreon said, you need Lady Outing. With that, Vibrava's attack, and Magneton's power, you can drop like 7 energy down in one turn with an Energy Shower... which is what this deck should try and accomplsih... stuff like that.

Also, dark-sith plays Tv Reporter in his... I really like it with this instead of Juggler. You can always discard energy with retreating, and other stuff.

I don't like Dunsparce much, but i guess its not bad.

Anyway, check out his version, it should be up soon.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Latios EX maynot be to shaby for this deck. You can shower a bunch of energy, and between its first attack, and Magenton, keep it doing 100 every 2-3 turns once you get rid of all its energy.

7. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Drop Balloon Berry for Switch, Why waste ur retreat for that turn =/

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Because he is using it for Muk EX tech. If you dont fear Muk EX, or dont see it palyed in your area, youdont need it. But if it is played, it is nice Tech card.....

BTW, -1 Dunsparce/Magneton for +1 Latios if you want. Good BBP, and good quick damage with Flygon...

9. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

The whole point of Juggler is to discard energy so I can get it back with Magneton. The net gain with Juggler is higher than TV Reporter. I will be editing the decklist b/c I found my Lady Outing. I tried using Latios ex, but it didn't work out too well... I think I'll try it again with the improved deck. Thanks for the fixes!

-Swampert :thumb:

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I wouldnt rely on Latios, just have it (1, 2 at most) as a good back up. Can beef it up while you attack with someone else... then let it loose. If it gets more than 1-2 KOes, I would be suprised, but 100 Damage is enough to KO alot of Pokemon!!!!

11. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I fixed the deck up a bit, thanks to everyones wonderful suggestions! I really apreciate it!
    -Swampert

12. psycodad

psycodad New Member

I like magneton with delcatty. Discard and nrg for catty, trade a card for nrg with ton. Juggler also combos nicely with tons power.
    Rainbow Shock (E-on)
    4 Trapinch (Bind)
    4 Vibrava (Rare)
    4 Flygon (2 of each)
    2 Magneton with power
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty

4 oaks research
    4 oracle
    3 Juggler
    2 Switch
    3 pokenav
    2 Lady Outing
    1 TV

5 Grass
    5 Electric
    2 Psychic
    2 Fighting
    2 Water
    2 Fire

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Assuming you may not have them, but....

-3 Oran Berry
    -2 Bills Matenince
    -1 Forrest Gaurdian

+2 Brineys Compassion
    +2 Juggler
    +1 Lady Outing
    +1 Pressure System stadium (+10 HP to electrics)

PS, Psychodad, it looks like the Pokemon count from my Sceptile deck, just sub Sceptile for Flygon.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Yeah... I like those fixes, but I don't have the cards for either of them...

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I kinda figured, but it is a good reference if/when you do get them, and lets you know what you are keeping an eye out for at least.

16. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I'm thinking of taking out the Dunsparce and addding some BBB Grass pokes. Any Suggestions???

17. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

No prob, need any more suggestions, check out the other 3 or 4 Flygon decks, I have comments in those too.... Maybe mine or others will give yousome ideas too...

18. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Rainbow Shock: Version 2.0

4 Trapinch (Bind)
    4 Vibrava (Rare)
    4 Flygon (2 of each)
    3 Magneton (Rare)
    2 Girafarig
    1 Latios ex (Too bad I can't Mr. Briney him...)

3 Elm's Method
    3 Switch
    3 Oran Berry
    1 Copycat
    2 Balloon Berry (Muk ex TecH)
    1 Bill's Maintenance
    1 Juggler
    1 Lady Outing
    1 TV
    1 Forest Gaurdian
    1 TV Reporter
    2 Energy Switch

4 Grass
    4 Electric
    2 Psychic
    2 Fighting
    2 Water
    2 Fire
    1 Multi
    1 Rainbow

19. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I don't think you should use the multi or Rainbow, they don't add to Flygon's Rainbow burn. Also I would change the Energy Switches to Lady Out Goings. Lady Outgoing along with Vibrava's attack gets you plenty of energies.6 different energies, 6 types of energies with just 2 cards.

And is there really a lot of Muk EX in your Meta?

Also I would take out 1 Bill's Maintenance and one TV Reporter for 2 Lannett's Net Search. You could get Trapinch, Latios, and Magnemite.

20. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Ummm, it's Lady Outing Kyogre... And I only added Multi and Rainbow b/c I added Girafarig, ao now there are 15 pokes that need specific energy. I don't have any more Lady Outing or else I would have already added them. The Energy Switches are handy b/c when a Holo Flygon is about to be KOed I can move atleast 2 of the energy to the new active Pokemon. I know Magneton gets energy back from the discard pile, but with Energy Switch I get to drop them on the new active. Thanks anyway...
    -Swampert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.