RainbowDeck v.2.1 - updated (CC deck)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by RainbowRichards, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

"final" revision before Sunday's CC in Rockville:

Pokemon (23)

1x Trapinch SS #82 40 HP
    2x Trapinch DR #79 50 HP
    2x Vibrava DR #22 80 HP (C) Quick Charge
    1x Vibrava DR #nn 70 HP
    3x Flygon DR #4 120 HP (CCC) Rainbow Burn (120 damage to ALL colorless-weak Pokemon with 3 different BEC)
    2x Magnemite DR #62 50 HP
    2x Magneton DR #17 70 HP Magnetic Field Poke-POWER (pull two BEC from discard pile for 1 discard from hand)
    1x Skitty RS #44 40 HP
    1x Skitty SS #79 50 HP
    2x Delcatty RS #5 70 HP Energy Draw Poke-POWER (draw three extra cards nearly every turn, plus draw cards after top-decking with Oracle)
    4x Dunsparce SS #60 50 HP (C) Strike and Run (set up bench quickly)
    2x Wobbuffet SS #26 80 HP Safeguard Poke-BODY (Prevents damage from EX Pokemon - and does 100 damage to Psy-weak like Mewtwo EX and Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX)

Trainers (21)

3x Desert Shaman (draw power, reduce hand size when neccessary, and hand disruption on the opponent)
    2x Fisherman
    4x Oracle
    2x Ladys Outing
    3x Switch
    2x Rare Candy (had removed them, but put two back in to combo with Mr Briney's Compassion. Scoop up the poke with too much damage - likely the active - lay the Basic back on the bench, and Rare Candy it to it's highest evo same turn!)
    2x Mr Briney's Compassion
    2x Hyper Potion
    1x Town Volunteers

Energy (16)

4x Lightning
    4x Grass
    2x Psychic
    2x Fighting
    2x Water
    2x Fire

Strategy - posted above for the most part - this Rainbow Burn variant of mine has been getting set up more quickly, and provides some nice counters against currently-popular decks.

I may try to up the Dunsparce count, though.

Comments welcomed!

update: I have been concentrating on using the Flygon as my main hitter, but I think the Magneton really does more damage! Just need to get two Magneton on the bench, along with 1 Flygon, 1 Delcatty, and Wobuffet.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  2. First of all drop 1 Quick Charge Vibrava for 1 that does damage no matter what.Unless your opponent used Smokescreen or something.

3. pokemonfan123

pokemonfan123 New Member

Edited: This here is the Deck Help forum. If you wish to trade with RR, please do so in the Trading forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2004
  4. RainbowRichards

You know, I could see doing that! I find that after the early game setup, I really don't need the Quick Charge Vibrava anymore, so having one with damage capability would be good. :D

5. Delcattys are risky because Scitty does not last long.Choose 1 Zangoose or Delcatty.I see your strategy with Delcatty but sometimes it's hard to get it out.Maybe some Pokenav could be just as good.

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Definately use Quick Charge Vibrava. If you don't have Lady Outing you can grab the 3 nrg with it in preparation for NRG Shower. Normally you want a sure damage pokemon but this is an exception. Are 2 Fisherman needed with Magneton? I don't think you need Briney and Hyper Potion.

7. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

i would take out shaman for oaks research and add in two more sparce to make sure you have a good chance to get one first turn

8. 2 Quick Charge Vibravas and 1 dive Vibrava just because its 2nd attack is desent and fun.

9. RainbowRichards

That's how I'm trying it - plus the other Vibrava doesn't have the colorless weakness ;).

I've trimmed the BEC to 4L/4G (from 5 & 5) and added two more 'sparce.

Fisherman helps me scoop up BECs from the discard in a hurry, just before a Shower.

Briney/Rare Candy and Hyper Potion are my healing - prefering Hyper to Potion or MooMoo.

'Sparce gets out Skitty, and Oracle gets Delcatty.

Oh, and I usually use both Lady and Quick Charge in the same turn...

10. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

considdering that rainbowburn flygon is colorless, isnt the zangoose a bit overkill as far as protection from colorless weak pokemon?

11. RainbowRichards

You almost had me there - but then I remembered...the Flygon is Colorless-weak itself, and I've run into problems that Zangoose was able to take care of :D.

12. Or you could just get Weakness Gurd.

13. RainbowRichards

Hmmm, new play-testing says "take out the Zangoose and put in a second Wobuffet...", since Flygon does 120 damage with 3 energy to all colorless-weak pokes, regardless if they're basic or evos :eek:

Still not getting out that darn Dunsparce even tho' he's maxed out :mad:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  14. Get Wynaut in there to anoy your opponent.

15. Dek

Dek New Member

Alright, so it might be a little late, but if you are going to use the deck some other time, i would suggest Skyridge Ditto as an Anti-Dragon (especially Rayquaza ex)

16. Also just to say Seviper is another anti for Quaza and any other EX.

17. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Seviper isn't a great tech for exs. There are things that can easily ohko Rayquaza and not give it the chance to retreat or Switch to the bench.

18. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Rainbow - How did the deck do at your CC?

19. RainbowRichards

Thanks for the ongoing comments! Keep 'em coming, because I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this at States (unlessa sked to judge again :p) & definitely at Nationals (that, or using my 6-year-old's BAR deck ;)).

JohnnyBlaze - thanks for asking, but alas we'll never know...I took the 'nobler' job of judging yesterday instead of playing. (so all those quaking in fear were immediately put at ease!! :D lol)

Arthas_Zero - I saw alot of Sky Dittos out there over the last two days CCs - often IN Rayquaza decks!

APT - Wynaut? hmmm, but that's what Dunsparce is supposed to do after setting up the bench.

20. Just wanted to see your opinion on it.Pidgeotto Trainer I know there are better 1's I was just saying that 1 of its attacks are kind of good for battling EX pokemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.