Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raitric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggy&Co.

Maybe I haven't been the first to post this but this is what I play until I find something better.
Comments appreciated

Rats

Pokemon 20
3 Pichu MT
4 Pikachu MT
4 Raichu MT
4 Electrike MT
4 Manectric MT
1 Rayquaza Ex DF

Trainers 23
1 Scott
3 Prof Cozmo Discovery
1 TSD
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Cessation Crystal
1 Holon Mentor
1 Prof oaks research
1 Crystal Beach
3 Castaway
3 Professor Elm
2 Celio’s Network
1 Steven’s Advice

Energy
17 Electric Energy

This deck is obvious to anyone who knows Raichu and Manectric MT.
Build energy on Manectric for 1 or 2 turns for Manectric’s lightning twister which can do 20 per energy attached to Manectric. If you get rushed chain lightning is a great back up attack doing great damage with 70 to the active and 20 to the same type bench pokemon.
Raichu is the energy source while the Pichu and Pikachu are there to pull energy from the discard. The cessation crystal hurts this but pulling the energy is a bonus and not a need.
While your doing this build a bench of Raichu and Manectric for the eventual KO of your active Manectric.
Cessation & Crystal beaches, ER2 can be teched in depending on the local metagame to slow your opponent and frustrate just enough to hurt them longer term. If you run into Blissey build the energy on Raichu and use it’s second attack 30x the energy but really you don’t want to do this because of the discard.
Easily built on a budget and can handle teching for the local metagame.
Buffer piece is my first tweak but it really doesn’t need it in most cases because you want to use it’s speed to win.
This deck hurts same type pokemon effectively and is quick. You might not win against Blissey all the time but you can feast on all the tune decks you want too.
:smile:

Last edited:
I dont' know about u guys but I like the pichu from PK. Even though it dose not have a free attack it dose let you search your deck for any :lightning pokemon..... just a though.

Rats was supposed to be what people said when they lost to this simple thing.

scizor3 - Prof cozmo is just a personal preference, TV reporter would work as well or better but prof can give access to the topside or bottmside of a deck kind of a moot point but

tglilly I like the PK pichu thing but the free attack is better because you need to charge your bench asap to be able to get the higher HP pokes like blissey or gater.

I see your point....I was just thinking of all the tims I had an full energy hand or a bad start with 1 pokemon and no search. Good deck though ^^

You need +4 Pluspower and 1 or 2 Strength charm, Lucario is higly played so, you OHKO him with 2 pluspowers and then a benched Riolu or Lucario takes 20 damage, so you can OHKO it again and dont care about your weakness.
Pluspowers helps Raichu to hit 100 to (Infernape Electivire, etc), or 130 to blissey.

^^

mila I have played a few Lucario variants and it isn't super great against Raitric kind of depends on who gets set up first. If I had more Lucario's I would remove the cessations and beach and replace them no problem. Blissey and Gater are my biggest competitors.
This is one of the great things about this deck, The ability to switch supporters or trainers in and out without hurting the inital game plan.

Sorry, but bad matchup against Gatr?
I thought i heard a bird sing autowin....?

Anyways, sorry to say it, but your list isn't that great. It misses NM (over TSD), draw cards (Prof. Cozmo is really bad btw) such as more steven's, TGW, Copycat and Oak.
SSU is also useless IMO.

PETM is junk, because you don't play ex's. Bebe's is better, it can fetch Ray ex.

I like this better:

Rats

Pokemon 17
4 Pikachu MT
4 Raichu MT
4 Electrike MT
4 Manectric MT
1 Rayquaza Ex DF

Trainers 28
4 Cessation Crystal (4 is a must when playing no powers)
2 Crystal Beach
2 Lake Boundary (To OHKO Gatr and Empo easely)
2 Castaway
2 Bebe's (can fetch Ray ex)
2 Celio’s Network
3 Fan Club (can fetch Ray ex)
3 Steven’s Advice (best draw card in the format)
2 Prof. Oaks visist (in case you face kriketune or solo blissey, which only have 1-2 bneched pokemon)
2 TGW (disruption is needed)
1 Copycat (can draw massive cards, and hand-refreshing is always nice)
2 Night M (can get you nrgs back (along with pokemon), which replaces pikachu)
1 card of own choice (see how much space this deck has? =D)
Energy 15
15 Electric Energy (17 is a bit too much, when playing Night M)

Hope it helps. =D

Last edited:
Ray is a tech for the come back. bebe's cost you a card so I think Celio's is fine. Night manintenence is not needed because you can recycle pokes with TSD and energy with Prof Oak, SSU is not useless because it allows the pick up of damaged Manectrics or Raichu's.
The 3 prof elm's are used to ensure you have the power to be able to get what you need but this is a good point as I can see they could be switched out for Plus Powers. I'll test some more on that idea.
The Steven's are a good idea as well as that is an awesome card and has come in handy many times.
I personally won't play TGW ,I don't like it because you risk going from hero to zero in an arm toss.
Fan club I believe is a rotated card here in NA so you couldn't play it if you wanted too.
Gater is hurt very bad by this deck because of it's need to use croc's power which is shutdown by cessation add the weakness Gater has and this deck beats it quite easily. The only bad match ups are the stronger fighting types and allowing a battle to go many rounds.

Ray is a tech for the come back. bebe's cost you a card so I think Celio's is fine.
You should never rely on drawin 1 card in the deck. never. Just a single Bebe's then. You _have_ to have a way to search it out.
Night manintenence is not needed because you can recycle pokes with TSD and energy with Prof Oak,
TSD is a flip card. You'll normally get 1-2 Pokemon back, and that's simply not enough. You need to get those Electrikes and Manectrics back, and _1_ TSD ain't gonna do it.
Night M ensures to get 3 Pokemon mback, and as i said, energy too, if you need to.
Also, how do Prof. Oak get you energies back from the discard pile? Or do you mean back to the deck from the hand? Copycat is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

SSU is not useless because it allows the pick up of damaged Manectrics or Raichu's.
That's why people run SSU in every deck, right? I could understand it, if you Pokemon had 120+ HP, but they don't. SSU is useless, trust me.
Besides, it's a flip card. Waste of space IMO.
The 3 prof elm's are used to ensure you have the power to be able to get what you need but this is a good point as I can see they could be switched out for Plus Powers. I'll test some more on that idea.
PlusPower isn't as necessary as Lake Boundary and more draw. You _need_ Lake Boundary and more draw.
Fan club I believe is a rotated card here in NA so you couldn't play it if you wanted too.
It was printed in POP4, so it isn't rotated. You should play this card.

Sorry, but bad matchup against Gatr?
I thought i heard a bird sing autowin....?

Anyways, sorry to say it, but your list isn't that great. It misses NM (over TSD), draw cards (Prof. Cozmo is really bad btw) such as more steven's, TGW, Copycat and Oak.
SSU is also useless IMO.

PETM is junk, because you don't play ex's. Bebe's is better, it can fetch Ray ex.

I like this better:

Rats

Pokemon 17
4 Pikachu MT
4 Raichu MT
4 Electrike MT
4 Manectric MT
1 Rayquaza Ex DF

Trainers 28
4 Cessation Crystal (4 is a must when playing no powers)
2 Crystal Beach
2 Lake Boundary (To OHKO Gatr and Empo easely)
2 Castaway
2 Bebe's (can fetch Ray ex)
2 Celio’s Network
3 Fan Club (can fetch Ray ex)
3 Steven’s Advice (best draw card in the format)
2 Prof. Oaks visist (in case you face kriketune or solo blissey, which only have 1-2 bneched pokemon)
2 TGW (disruption is needed)
1 Copycat (can draw massive cards, and hand-refreshing is always nice)
2 Night M (can get you nrgs back (along with pokemon), which replaces pikachu)
1 card of own choice (see how much space this deck has? =D)
Energy 15
15 Electric Energy (17 is a bit too much, when playing Night M)

Hope it helps. =D

sorry, i'm disagreeing with a few things here; steven is not the best draw card, just an extreamly anoying one cause of the amount of hand burning usually needed to use it. i would say galactics mars is gonna be the best draw cause any disruption you can get in this deck will help you out alot.
2 celio; i can say one thing...W T F?you need about 4. lake boundary could be a 1 card tech, cause a quick ko will be hard to comback from with most decks. then 4 crystal beach FTW! 4 pokedex will speed the deck up stupidly, and with 4 pokedex, a few qball, great ball, master ball, you can use TGW, then play off non-supporters afterwards.

raitric you may use. but i crisned this deck thunderstorm i think

Hello??
There's 2 Bebe's too.
I just took out 2 Celio's for 2 Bebe's..

you don't need bebe, you already clogged the list with 3 fan club, how many times are you planning on getting him out, he's like the least important card in the deck. seriously, even one electric energy is more important than him. jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back