Raivire

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by i like nachos, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i like nachos

i like nachos New Member

Pokemon 16

3x Electabuzz DP1:lightning
    3x Electavire DP3:lightning
    1x Electavire LVX DP2:lightning
    2x Skitty PK:colorless
    2x Delcatty PK:colorless
    3x Raikou DP3:lightning
    1x Rayquaza EX DF:lightning
    1x Mantine DF:lightning

Trainers 25

4x TVR
    1x Scott
    2x Castawy
    1x Battle Frontier
    4x Strength Charm
    3x Windstorm
    3x Mr. Stones
    4x Celios Network
    3x Mentor

Energy 19

17x Lightning
    2x Scramble

Comments welcome:thumb::thumb:

2. fieryseraph

fieryseraph New Member

Everyone keeps talking about Raikou, but IMHO I don't really think he's all that great. His attack is too expensive at 3 lightning, and it's too unpredictable. You mitigated that by putting in the mantine, but it hurts you to use that tactic, you are going to discard cards that you need later (and you didn't put in any way to get them back... night maintenance?), and I think there are both better attackers (Ray ex) and better accelerators (raichu, new electivire), depending on what you are using him for. I might look at him twice if he had 100 HPs instead of 80... but well....

Sorry to rain on your parade. Maybe Raikou is awesome and I just don't see it, but I just don't like him.

3. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

4 Celio's seems a bit excessive. Take one or two out for some space for say, Castaway, since you have an excessive amount of strength charm as well.

4. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

4 Celios is not excessive. Playing a Vire deck last year, I found that more often than not I'd be stuck without a Celio when I most needed one. Celio is pretty necessary in this deck, and 4 of a great card is almost never overkill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.