Random rogue deck that will probally never work - Staraptor deck!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by KAZUTO!!!, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Pokemon (18):

Staraptor x4
    Staravia x2
    Starly x4
    Claydol x2
    Baltoy x2
    Pachirisu x4

Trainers (27):

Ceilio's Network x4
    Roseanne's Research x3
    Professor Oak's Visit x4
    Team Galactic's Wager x2
    Team Galactic's Mars x2
    Time-Space Disortion x2
    Night Maintenance x2
    Steven's Advice x2
    Rare Candy x4
    Castaway x1
    Strength Charm x1

Energy (15)

Holon Energy WP x3
    Scramble Energy x2
    Double Rainbow Energy x2
    Boost Energy x2
    Water Energy x6

Okay... wait... WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STARAPTOR???????????? But... but... that's one of the worst cards in DP! It's worst then Torterra! And THAT'S bad! It does 100 damage... but with a chance of killing yourself! What's up with that? HOW is that playable? Well, the simple answer is... it isn't playable. Staraptor has been ignored, trashed, and is considered binder candy. It is a terrible card, especially for a holo. No, this isn't a try to make it playable. This is a random rogue deck that will probally never work.

Strategy: So, Pachi start. Get out 2 Starly and a Baltoy. Set up a Staraptor and Claydol while damageing them for 10 with Pachi. When Pachi gets KO'd, bring up Staraptor and Accelerative Dive. Heads or Tails, doesn't matter, but heads is preferable. So, either way, they have at least 30 on them. They hit you, hopefully not killing you, but if they do, bring up a new one or something. Anyway, now use the second attack for the KO. If you flipped heads, they couldn't kill you anyway, and no fears. If you flipped tails, hope for the best. Abuse free Retreat as much as you can. Because your Staraptors are dieing off quickly, unless you're super lucky, I have 2 TSDs and 2 NMs to spam them with Staraptors. When Gallade has to flip over 3 Prizes to KO one and you get it back the turn after, it's funny. All my other Trainers should be self-explantory, same with Claydol. Energy might be a little different then what I normaly would do. WP is to stop Sonic Blade if they so happen to use it. Scramble is for quick attacks after a Staraptor died. DRE is for quick damage, but avoid using it as much as you can. Boost is for a surprise 100 out of no where. Water should be obvoious.

Coments or fixes are appreciated. And remember, this is a joke deck.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

well, it might work. I don't have any suggestions for it. you just need to flip heads on agility or whatever it's called, then 2HKO a gallade or somethin'. also, on the deck I just posted, Do you know how that I can change my title? I messed up on it...... :(

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Okay. You know how to edit posts normaly, right? So, what you do is you click edit, and Go Advanced. You should be able to edit out the title. In fact, I'll do it right now.

Hope that was clear enough :)

4. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

thanks alot!!!

5. DoctorBLACK

DoctorBLACK New Member

im just asking no offense or anything but has this won a game not based on luck

6. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

Lol Staraptor won me Dp-prerelease, it's not bad :p.

Maybe Weavile or something to make a "Dark Staraptor"..

7. The Machampion

The Machampion New Member

mwuhahaha Unknown G my friend - Preventas the effect of it, lol

Thats so sick

8. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

Unown G stops the effects of your OPPONENT's attacks...not the effects of your own attack.

9. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

This could work in unlimited

Imagine this deck with Sabrina's Psychic Control in it?

10. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

What does Sabrina's Psychic Control do?

11. HyperMetal

HyperMetal New Member

Excuse me, but doesn't Accelerative Dive say "Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing."? i.e. not even damage? I used to run a Staraptor deck for fun but dropped it for that reason alone =P

12. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

I think your right on that bro.:fighting:

13. ChicoBlanco

ChicoBlanco New Member

dude, u should use the unown which attaches to a pokemon and gives it +10 HP (i'm not sure which unown it is)

14. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

I built a random deck with staraptor last season that actually worked.. It ran nidoqueen d holon transciever and energy root.,. But this seaon its probaly hard to run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.