Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Random Shiny Pokemon in the TCG

vaporeon

I was thing of a cool idea that they could do for the Pokemon TCG, and that would be to have Shiny Pokemon for every card to be printed. Not the Pokemon Stars that they have now. Every Pokemon would have a normal print card and a Shiny print card. The attack, HP and everything else would be the same. They would add for collection and might make decks look better. They would not have a special foil print or anything. You know. One pack you get an Eevee and in like 10 to 15 packs later you get a Shiny Eevee. It would be cool if they were to do this. I know how much work it would take to do this for every card, but its a good idea. What do you all think?

i like the idea, but heres the problem, NOT COST EFFECTIVE. to run a print run of a "shiny" card, it takes the same as a normal card, and i would assume that "shiny" would be rarer. I dont see this happening.

It souns good on paper, but in reality it would complicate collecting enormously.

Reverse holos are fine enough for me.

- Croatian "not exactly a shining idea" Nidoking

Yeah, sounds good, but we already have Lv. X's. We can't have a card that even some of the best players in the world don't have. Its just not possible. RH's and Lv. X's are all we need. Atleast right now.

There WERE shinies. My bros. have a shining raichu and shining mewtwo.They're kinda like pokemon *, but you can have as many shinies in your deck as you want, but only one of each shiny. And they were all basic.

I like this idea, but I dont think it should be for every card, it should only be for normal pokemon, not EX and Lv. X or *, but i dont think it will happen:(

Yeah, I was daydreaming about this idea on time. Like one in every 8000 or so copies of Torterra, you'd find a shiny Torterra. It would be really cool, but would never happen because of what other people said how it wouldn't be cost effective for the artwork alterations and extra printing (I guess). But it would make opening packs a little more worthwhile and exciting.

Umm... Not really. He is talking about the picture and the actual card. None of the statistics would change, only the picture of the pokemon would be in it's Shiny Form

Umm... Not really. He is talking about the picture and the actual card. None of the statistics would change, only the picture of the pokemon would be in it's Shiny Form

Do you have any idea how astronomical the cost of that would be?
Seriously, guys, use your heads for a moment.

There's a reason they do the whole Reverse Holo thing instead of this "shiny picture" idea.
The Reverse Holo accomplishes the EXACT same thing as this "shiny picture" thing, and costs exponentially less.
There's nothing wrong with Reverse Holos, and frankly, I think people would soon find that lots of cards would look incredibly stupid if their color schemes were altered to those of a shiny.
And heck, not even taking the cost into the equation, it isn't even POSSIBLE to do that for a lot of the artists' works.
Ken Sugimori? Yeah. It's relatively easy to alter the colors on his art. But someone like Arita or Nishida? Yeah, good luck with that.
=/

Yes because we were obviously thinking about the cost of it...

and of course, i am satisfied with Reverse Holos, they do look really cool. But i think this Shiny Print idea is even better. After all, it is only an idea, like PUI really looks on this fourm and think "hey, this is a good idea!" I don't think the cards would look dumb if the scheme was changed to that of a shiny, and maybe they will do it on only some cards. Anyway, thank you for flaming and shooting down our ideas.

Yes because we were obviously thinking about the cost of it...

and of course, i am satisfied with Reverse Holos, they do look really cool. But i think this Shiny Print idea is even better. After all, it is only an idea, like PUI really looks on this fourm and think "hey, this is a good idea!" I don't think the cards would look dumb if the scheme was changed to that of a shiny, and maybe they will do it on only some cards. Anyway, thank you for flaming and shooting down our ideas.

So...
If someone states their opinion that they think this would be a good idea, it's totally fine.
But the moment anyone states an opinion to the contrary, it automatically must be flaming. Clearly. It doesn't matter if they're actually stating rationalized, factual arguments... it's just flaming, no questions asked.
Huh. Who knew?

It's not that hard to do. Its called Photoshop.

Really? So, you could probably do it in about an hour, right?
It's not that easy. You can't just say "photoshop it". The art on these cards is extremely detailed, and in most cases is drawn by hand. You can't just spend an hour or two in photoshop playing around with the color palettes. You'd have to go pixel by pixel to recolor these things.

Really? So, you could probably do it in about an hour, right?
It's not that easy. You can't just say "photoshop it". The art on these cards is extremely detailed, and in most cases is drawn by hand. You can't just spend an hour or two in photoshop playing around with the color palettes. You'd have to go pixel by pixel to recolor these things.

I could do it. Give me a card and I'll do it, then upload it to my gallery.

As I said, THERE WERE SHINY POKEMON!!! There was a shiny raichu and mewtwo!!!

Well I know that. Just shiny Pokemon with no extra rare symbol. You can get a common Luvdisc as a shiny. No change in anything but a shiny Luvdisc picture.

I did the Charizard ex and put it in my gallery.

Back