Ranking under Nintendo

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Prof Donphan, Aug 15, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Prof Donphan

Prof Donphan Member

How does Nintendo calculate the ranking after tournaments?.. like DCI?
    And what will happen to DCI ranking?

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

No one knows yet, actually. DCI rank will be gone, since that is tied to Wizards of the Coast; DCI sanctioning of Pokemon tourneys ends on 31 August, and the rankings for Pokemon will be taken down from the DCI site on September 30.

'mom

3. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

I know the Ruby & Sapphire and Sandstrom tournaments are not sanctioned tournament so they dont count of any ranking. The Nintendo Pokemon web site said that tournaments will be coming in Oct. So I'm sure we will have some kind of ranking system by then.

4. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

I suspect that Nintendo are still not sure what they will do about Rankings or about reporting tourneys at the moment.

If they did I would expect Jimmer to be giving us a stronger lead as to formats and such like ... October will roll round pretty quick and if I were Nintendo I would be getting the message out now, let us get used to the new format (whatever it is) and running psuedo sanctioned tourneys .. let TOs test the reporting procedures and software (if any) ...

But don't leave us in limbo!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  5. TeSp

TeSp New Member

Maybee they are going to do something like they do in lotr, heroclix. It's olmost like the dci.. ;( But it will be fun to watch and see if they can come up with something great.

6. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Reemeber, there is also The Ladder...

For all we know, Nintendo might have us take our Ladder Cards or something around with us to the tournaments.

Just an idea...