Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rating Invites for the 2007-2008 season Updated 4 October!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcgPlayer2006

Well i searched all the www.go-pokemon.com page and i founded this:

The premier Organized Play event of 2008 takes place on August 15th-17th. The extravaganza will host top players from around the world competing for the title of Pokémon World Champion, and for scholarships worth up to $7,500. Click the following links to find important information related to the 2008 World Championships.

The 2008 World Championships will be held at the Hilton Hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. It is sure to be a memorable event.
How do I get to Worlds?

Pokémon Organized Play will be awarding invitations to the 2008 Pokémon TCG World Championships in a variety of ways. The list below breaks down how invitations will be distributed over the course of the 2007–2008 tournament season.

National Championships

Junior Senior Masters
Argentina 2 2 2
Australia 2 2 2
Austria 2 2 2
Belgium/Luxembourg 2 2 2
Brazil 2 2 2
Canada 4 4 4
Chile 2 2 2
Czech Republic 2 2 2
Denmark 2 2 2
Finland 3 3 3
France 4 4 4
Germany 4 4 4
Italy 4 4 4
Japan 5 5 5
Malaysia 2 2 2
Malta 2 2 2
Mexico 4 4 4
Netherlands 4 4 4
New Zealand 2 2 2
Norway 4 4 4
Philippines 2 2 2
Portugal 2 2 2
Singapore 2 2 2
Slovenia 2 2 2
Spain 2 2 2
South Africa 2 2 2
Sweden 2 2 2
Switzerland 2 2 2
United Kingdom 3 3 3
United States 8 8 8

Premier Ratings
Junior Senior Masters
Ratings APAC Zone 4 4 4
Ratings LA Zone 2 2 2
Ratings NA Zone 25 25 25
Ratings EU Zone 20 20 20

Last Chance Qualifier
Junior Senior Masters
Guaranteed Invites 4 4 4

Invitations with POP-sponsored Travel Awards will be given to:

* The top 4 finishers in each age division from the 2007 World Championships
* The 2008 National Champion in each age division for the countries listed below

Australia Malaysia
Belgium/Luxembourg Mexico
Brazil Netherlands
Canada Norway
Chile Philippines
Czech Republic Portugal
Denmark Singapore
Finland Spain
France Sweden
Germany Switzerland
Italy United Kingdom
Japan USA (Top 4)

Invitations without POP-sponsored Travel Awards will be given to:

* The 2008 National Champion in each age division for the countries listed below

Austria Argentina
New Zealand Malta
South Africa Slovenia

* All other qualifying players from the 2008 National Championships in each age division, as defined in the table above
* Players qualifying through the 2007–2008 Premier Ratings
* Players qualifying through the 2008 Last Chance Qualifier

Players outside of North America are encouraged to ask their local Organized Play provider if they will be sponsoring Travel Awards for qualified players who did not receive a POP-sponsored Travel Award.

I am from Argentina and all our players did good job last worlds, i don`t know why OP don`t give to us 3 or 4 invitation by premier ranking for each category. South America don`t buy a lot of boxes to USA??
Or we must win a World Championship to have more trips?? Seeya everybody!

Last edited:
last updated: 1/23/2007

Hmmm...

Seems a bit redundant to post this old information. I suggest we keep the convo to one thread.

Cyrus: Mmmm well we are in 3º October!!! The announcements in the last season was in the 1º September. What is happening?? =)

Information subject to change:
Last updated: 10/3/2007

Premier Ratings and Worlds

Pokémon USA, Inc., and Pokémon Organized Play will award a small number of invitations to the Pokémon TCG World Championships. These invitations are based on "Rating Zones" encompassing several countries. These invites will be awarded after the last POP-Approved Premier Rated event has been run in each Zone.

These zones, and the total number of invites, are given below.

North America
25 25 25
U.S., Canada, Mexico
Europe and Africa
20 20 20
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Rep., Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
Latin America
2 2 2
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador
Asia Pacific
4 4 4
Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan

OK, now I'm intrigued. 25 Ratings invites for NA, 20 for Afro-Europe. This being in place last year, I would've gone to a few more events to try and get that Ratings invite. Heck, I was only about 30 places out of this particular thing last year.

Of course, I'm now pretty much a full blown Judge and Organizer right now. Still, this is nice to hear...

Hmm, it seems that all the ratings inviites and non-National winners (even some National winners) invites will have to "pay your own trip/LD sponsored" ... after doing some calculations, 114 out of 144 trips for each age division (that's almost 80%) are "Pay Your Own/Sponsored by LD" ... ouch

Last edited:
Yeah sory, i didn`t watch the 10/3/2007 updated, but well i expect to have the information quickly to update this post, sory for all and well i expect more invitation to South America!!!!!!!
Diego Cassiraga lost to Yamato (the best player of the world) so come on!! Give to us more trips OP!

First, Yamato is one of the worlds finest, but I fail to see how losing to him accounts for more invitations or trips in any form; and yes, OP support is directly connected to sales, so if you want more trips it is easier to grow your player base and increase the amount your distributor sells on your country.

IvesRountree: Yes you are right, i know all that you says but well it`s hard to a player from here have a good asistance in Worlds and for USA have a chance to win, they have more people playing the event! Seeya!

LOL, for USA to have a chance to win we have to have more players in? Please. Go ahead and base everything off one luckbased format of a year. We're getting what we deserve. 10-15, maybe a couple more of those 25 NA invites will go to U.S. players plus the 4-8 from U.S. Nationals. That's still only maybe 20-25, which is a good number.

Cyrus: the only thing that i know is that this year didn`t play a lot of USA players and ohhhhhhh this year din`t win USA in Masters and Juniors, yes was luck ..... lol!

Cyrus: the only thing that i know is that this year didn`t play a lot of USA players and ohhhhhhh this year din`t win USA in Masters and Juniors, yes was luck ..... lol!

It was, I think that's evidenced by the U.S. players' superior deck lists of the same thing mysteriously doing worse than the International Players.....It's also a lot easier to win a 64 person tournament with 6 rounds and a cut to T16 than it is a 125 person Worlds with 8 rounds and a T32, heck, I won 9 games at my Regionals.

Meh...even if by some miracle I could pull off a great season and win an invite (better chance of H-E-double hockey sticks freezing over than happening than that), I have a study abroad trip I'm doing this summer anyways lol.

the return of 30+ US invites..???

OH GOD NO!!!

but still, its better than 60-something US players. Muwahahaha....

So it'll be a 128 players per division...mm

this year 64 players was so good this year.

I hope this year a big tournament and a Non-USA or Japanese winner, then all the US Players than think they are the best of best will know the true, obviusly USA have more good lists at Worlds but that is because USA have more minds to think decks and the Players of USA play every day, in the rest of the world we have a tournament for week, but well Pablo Meza must won in 2005 with his Nidoqueen, he had bad luck with Jeremy but he will win one time. Seeya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back