Re: Gardevoir Question/Bebe's Search

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by eriknance, Feb 18, 2008.

1. eriknance

eriknance New Member

Hi, I have a question regarding this post: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67648

I looked at the text on both the Gardevoir and the Ho-Oh. The Gardevoir's attack "Psychic Lock" states, "During your opponent's next turn, your opponent can't use any Poke-Powers on his or her Pokemon." The Ho-Oh's Poke-Power states, "Once during your opponent's turn, if Ho-Oh would be Knocked Out..."

Looking at the two parts that I italicized, it seems that Ho-Oh's Poke-Power "Phoenix Turn" is activated before the turn in which it would get cancelled by "Psychic Lock." If you could clarify a bit on why Gardevoir's attack would stop Ho-Oh's Poke-Power, that'd be great. :smile:

Also, I brought up a question a week or so ago about Bebe's Search here: Bebe's Search. I was wondering if a ruling has been determined for this situation.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

God. I have to stop answering so many questions where people haven't outlined the specific issue they're asking about....

Regarding the other question, we haven't had a rules team meeting since then.
    Something about Valentine's Day...