Re: SUM Dragonair's Dragon's Wish and attaching energy ANY TIME before turn ends

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Asrialys, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Asrialys

Asrialys New Member

For example, during their turn after using Dragon's Wish, a player uses SUM Bruxish's Vivid Charge to get three basic Energy from their deck. That's what I meant, since I had originally asked if it would be possible to also place down Energy obtained "from the effect of an attack, whether it be by drawing, searching, or retrieving from the discard pile."

My edit from my original post somewhat turned down that possibility since a player's turn ends once the effects and damage, if any, of the attack are resolved. And then you stated that Dragon's Wish only applies before the attack, which the card doesn't explicitly state. Not that it would have to, since the turn ends once an attack is resolved anyway.

That was the intention of my question: whether or not "your turn" includes whatever happens during your next attack, if any.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Once you attack, you can't do anything else other than actions related to or triggered by that attack.
    So you would not be able to play any more energy cards from this effect.