Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

registeel ruling

celeni

I am using the registeel LA in an up coming tournament and need to know if registeel works as I believe and have been playing it as? I use its poke power "regi heal" to discard two cards from my hand regardless if I have any damage counters on it prior to using its power and then it heals by 3 damage counters if I have any on it. In meaning I can use its power even if Registeel has no damage counters at all.

The poke power as read for reference. "regi heal"
Once during your turn(before you attack), you may discard 2 cards from your hand. Then remove 3 damage counters from registeel. This power cant be used if registeel is affected by a special condition.

No where in that text does it say you need damage on registeel to use the poke power. Regice has no restriction to its power "regi move" other than the effect of switching their pokemon is negated if they are evolved.

However Regirocks poke power "regi cycle" reads; Once during your turn(before you attack), if you have a :fighting: energy card in the discard pile, you may discard 2 cards from your hand. Then, attach a :fighting: energy card from your discard pile to regirock. This power cant be used if regirock is affected by a special condition.

I highlighted in red the restriction text on regirock that would be present if their was such a restriction on registeel. That would read something like; Once during your turn(before you atttack), if you have any damage counters on registeel, you may discard two cards from your hand. Then remove 3 damage counters from registeel. This power cant be used if registeel is affected by a special condition.
Thanks in advance I just need to clear this up.

Yes. Regirock requires fighting energy in the discard. Regice and registeel can be used "as-is" with no prior conditions.

celini. Check out the compendiumLvX! It has the rulings for these cards. More important is that it is recognised as a repository of officially sanctioned rulings. Neither players nor judges should argue with compendium at a tournament.

Back