Requests for new league

Discussion in 'Archive' started by P_A, Mar 30, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. P_A

P_A Active Member

In light of recent announcements of new things to come for league this fall, and noticing that POP seems to be listening to a certain extent, what would you like to see for, or in your league? With the dropping of jumbo cards due to people not considering them cool enough, do you have any ideas what Nintendo could use to promote league? (I happened to like the jumbos, but that's my opinion only.) Don't be afraid to sound greedy, you don't have control of their finances, but if you did, what would you put out for league? Hope this doesn't sound too much like a poll. ;)

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

As ProfDav, MTJimmer et al keep saying, this forum is by no means an 'official' way to communicate with POP. We league leaders are supposed to be making these types of suggestions every month when we report our leagues to POP.

'mom

3. P_A

P_A Active Member

That may certainly be true 'Mom but I'm sure discussing it here wouldn't do any harm would it? Perhaps people can get suggestions to put in those boxes to send when they report league activity.

I'll start it off. I like the badges as an incentive, and goodness knows we've mentioned a number of times the need for good new usable promos for league, how about different Nintendo product? How about a paid subscription to Nintendo Power magazine twice to four times per year as a winner prize? How about Pokemon stationary, pens, and pencils? Perhaps sneak peeks at upcoming Nintendo games - especially pokemon related. Gift certificates anyone? Certificates for free booster packs? E-reader cards as promos? Lots of ideas, that's just what I came up with in 2 minutes. Anyone have any more?

4. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Good idea pa but this belongs in Tournaments and Organized Play.Moving.

`Sensei

5. Xeno

Xeno New Member

It's never a bad idea to introduce new cards to the pool, I think, so why not make the monthly promos cards new? A lot of the promos in Japan aren't out yet here. Of course, I would be happy with a booster pack or something too.

6. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

No league leading for me yet, but... perhaps soon.

Brainstorming ideas and what is in it for PUI/Nintendo:

Playmat month... With 3 laminated ones for the tourney winners (or top 3 point getters).
    Helps advertise the game and the rules (print guides on front and rules on back) to family & friends.

What about a winner e-card pack or battle card league promo...
    Are they still going to tie in with the E-READER? Well, this would be collectible and might prompt some e-Reader sales.

How 'bout a Pokemon themed folder with say, 3 x 9-card collector pages along with the promo.
    It would encourage collecting... maybe get UltraPro to 'sponsor' it and include a little blurb on why their stuff is tough.

Get ProTech to put all the promos for that month in a glitter sleeve. Then they can supply top 3 with a set of 60 sleeves (coupon?).
    Adds excitement to the league play & again, sponsored by another vendor.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  7. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor New Member

I like the idea of pokemon stationary and pens. I got a pen and pad sent to me from I guess the marketing dept a while ago for running a league and everybody really liked it! I was thinking that it would be neat to send us those as prizes or sign up bonuses.

8. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Cards, cards, and more cards. lets do every thing we can to get more good cards in the hands of the young players so they don't get discouraged because they can't build the competitive decks. Just my opinion

9. P_A

P_A Active Member

Hey, how about this: Winner deck boxes! Electro- flips were given out a few years ago as randomizers, can they be manufactured cheaply enough to distribute a few per league? How about "Pokemon League" Gamecubes? How about making a game that can only be distributed exclusively at leagues for a period of one month, then available to the general public? Pokemon binders - good, quality ones for collectors, 9 card collector sheets with pokemon and/or pokemon league logos. Pillows, figurines, anything else?

10. farbsman

farbsman New Member

How about actual promo cards at leagues. All the cards as of late have no promo symbol on them.

11. TheDancingPeanut

TheDancingPeanut New Member

12. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Rather have jumbos than badges.
    Rather have new, unique promo cards than jumbos.
    Rather have good, playable cards than new, unique promo cards.

13. P_A

P_A Active Member

Disks containing wallpaper, and screensavers. More mousepads. How about REVERSE HOLO TV REPORTER?!! I mentioned deckboxes, and Bulbasnore mentioned glitter sleeves, but how about normal sleeves as well with a pokemon logo? Pokemon lanyards. Greeting cards. Pokemon clocks. Address books. Updated pokemon print studio with all the new pokemon. Can we come up with more ideas?