Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Return of Aerodactyl

QWERT392001

With all the emphasis in modified on big strength HP Pokemon (stage 1 and 2), it would seem that the return of Aerodactyl with its PP able to stop evolutions is a must. It would require players to use more strategy in using thier evolution lines..Maybe even an Aerodactyl EX! What do you all think?

Last edited:
Iggly stops Aero. Rare Candy gets around Aero.

ATM on the Pokemon your opponent just used rare candy on...goodbye evolution, and I thought Iggly was not allower in modified?

I am asking what people would think about a new Aerodactyl being released that has the PP so you can play it in modified. I believe it would drasticly change the way decks are being played currently.

assuming the body (or power?) only works when the Aero EX is active
1. being an EX, it cant use ATM [rock]
2. Rare candy gets around it
3. warp points + reversal =) + gust alike attacks
4. if your opponent somehow manages to damage your Aero(`s) ATM could get dangerous

so, It would be nice, but imo it doesn`t stop anything really

but that is an assumption
but you are right
if they did make it where it has to be active, than it would suck

by the way, you guys aren't getting it
Aero says: "no evolution cards can be played." correct?
therefore, nothing can get around that
no Candy
no Jirachi
no Wally's

From The Compendium:

Q. Does Rare Candy override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. Yes, you can use Rare Candy when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Q. Does Wally's Training override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. You can use Wally's Training when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play (except for the first turn of the game). (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team)
Need to remove that little exception text....
Jirachi will also work.....

Being an EX it would get around Mt Moon with the HP, and even if somebody used a Rare Candy or Jirachi, if you played with ATM on another of your evolved Pokemon, your opponent would be back in the same situation of not beeing able to evolve thier stage 1 and 2 Pokemon..therefore it would require more straregy in designing you deck, you woulul not be able to count on your hard hiiting stage 1 and 2 Pokemon. I believe it would be a nice change for the modified play, which I am trying to get into and away from unlimited so I can enjoy playing tournaments.

But you have to switch out the Aerodactyl to use ATM Rock. When you do, they have at least a turn to evolve.

Back