Reuniclus; How cute is this guy?!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by jeffrey123, Mar 25, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. jeffrey123

jeffrey123 New Member

What do you guys think Reuniclus brings to the table? He is able to move all damage from him to anything, combo with seeker, poke-turn, etc. It's like a betetr Alakazam 4 X.

Anyone else like this jelly covered bby? (Seriously though), I really see potential. Anyone else?

Reuniclus – Psychic – HP90
    Stage 2 – Evolves from Doubran

Ability: Damage Swap
    Choose 1 damage counter on one of your Pokemon and move it onto one of your other Pokemon. This ability can be used any number of times during your turn.

[P][P][P] Psywave: Does 30 damage plus an additional 10 damage times the number of Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 2

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. ogremarauder

ogremarauder New Member

If you edit your post with the cardstats, it may be easier to get feedback.

3. BlueShuckle

BlueShuckle New Member

Ability could be good to move damage away from active to an Uxie or something before using Seeker.
    Attack isn't too great though. Neither is retreat or weakness.

4. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

Oh, I definitely see potential.

Yeah, the attack, retreat, and weakness make it an otherwise bad card. Then again, if we ignore its Poke-Body, Vileplume UD is an equally bad card. In certain decks, I think Reuniclus could really shine. Max Seeker in a Steelix Prime deck, along with a 2-2-2 Reuniclus, could be incredible. Before rotation, with BTS and Pixies, it could be even better.

The combos with this guy are endless. Blissey Prime? Hmm... move all the damage off your active tank onto benched support Pokemon, and proceed to remove all of it. Just like many of the other cards in B&W, Reuniclus is an interesting card that, while not overly broken, has the potential to fit into some decks well.

Thanks for bringing this up.

5. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

I like the idea of using this guy with a 2/2 Sereperior split, but one stage 2 is so iffy after BW let alone two.

6. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

Espeon UD for max damage trading?

7. Elite_4_Allen

Elite_4_Allen New Member

90 HP?
    A stage two???
    Here we go again...

8. jeffrey123

jeffrey123 New Member

Jumpluff was a big threat with 90 hp...

9. z-man

z-man New Member

I'm not liking this guy. He just isn't very consequential to the game right now. He is a stage 2 with a bad attack, 90 HP, and a 2 retreat cost. That is a few things going against it. Its ability is cool, but I doubt it is going to be very good right now. While the format will start removing the "prize trade factor" where you OHKO a pokemon every turn, moving a counter every turn isn't a good ability for a stage 2. Now then, the picture may be worth playing the card. It'll go in my OMGTHISPICISAMAZINGBUTTHISCARDISGARBAGE deck along with the genies and the fighting trio cards.

10. Porii Sames

Porii Sames Active Member

But Flyingenie is actually decent...

11. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

It's nice, but the HP is still rather horrible, especially for a Stage 2. Add in the new Candy rules and it loses some of its luster imo...

Still, I'm sure some decks will make good use of it.

12. thepliskin5005

thepliskin5005 New Member

Reuniclus is best with gothitellea it keeps your oppoent trainer locked longer and you can still use trainer cards.

13. z-man

z-man New Member

What does that even mean? Try typing in English plz. If you want to keep pokemon in play, Jaroda is better as it basically has Nidoqueen RR's pokebody.

14. there are new rare candy rules?!

15. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

In this format? No, he is just such an easy target and the best deck he could fit into is Steelix. For next format? Yes I can see him playable.

16. DoomScizor

DoomScizor New Member

Absolutely steelix material, considering my Build already runs seeker. I'll probably plug him in there and see how it does. As far as working in this format? I don't think so...Flash Bite+Dragon Poop says hi. Probably won't see play til after Sp leaves the format, and we rely on the set decks.

17. gallade

gallade New Member

I doubt it would be good in gigas, but it would be fun, that if your gigas was 10 away from being KO'd, move 6 away, sacrifice the guy with 6, and bam, healed to do more buttstomping.

18. Tyraniking

Tyraniking New Member

I thought the power could only be used once a turn. This plus Machamp Prime is so broken.

19. Skitty

Skitty New Member

I understood what he/she said completely. :rolleyes: They mean to have a Gothitellea active so the opponent can't play trainers (but you still can) and then use Reuniclus to move the damage off of Gothitellea and then Seeker/Potion/Ect the damage away. And it's not that bad of an idea in my opinion. It's not an amazing combo, but it's not horrible either.

20. Elite_4_Allen

Elite_4_Allen New Member

This might make Nidoking playble.
    But Nidoking is already very klunky... :C