RI State Champs Report

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by Magnechu, Apr 5, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

What a great time I had! It was a great event, run by the great TOs of Milford, Mass. Although only 20 people showed up overall, it was a great event. Here's my report, along with other notes and junk:

Well, my decklist first:
    Pokemon(21)
    4 Dunsparce (SS)
    4 Torchic (DG)
    1 Combusken (Lunge R/S)
    4 Blaze (Holo)
    1 Blaze ex
    3 Quaza ex
    2 Skitty (SS)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)

Trainers
    4 POR
    4 TVR
    4 Candy
    3 Oracle
    3 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    1 Energy Recycle System (Don't ask..)
    1 HPS
    1 Shard

Match 1 vs. ?? with Flygon/Wailord ex/Muk ex 0-0
    He was a new player. His deck wasn't solid and I it didn't take too long for this game to end.

Match 2 vs. Nick Starre with Aqua Deck 1-0
    I was a little worried about this, but I knew Quaza could take Water out pretty well. Luckily, he didn't get a great start, and I got a good one. He got 3 or 4 basics in the game, none of which could handle Quaza.

Match 3 vs. Brian Jr. with Amphy ex/Espy/Cacturne 2-0
    I lost to Brian at City Champs with my Gard, but I thought that I could do a whole lot better this time. We both got fair set ups, mine being quicker. Once he gets his Amphy ex up, turn 3 or 4, Quaza took care of it with one hit. He Boosted my a couple of times with Espy, but with his Amphy gone, it was down hill for him.

Now there were only 2 undefeated people in our age group--Me and a Kingdra deck.They decide to cut to Top 8 right here. I play the 7th seed...

Quarters vs. ?? with Blazequazza w/ Zangoose 3-0
    There's a simple reason i won this: He didn't get a Sparce out by turn 3. He made a misplay which costed him the game, however. Went by pretty fast with me getting a good set up.

Semis vs. Nick (I think?) with Kindra (Ack!) 4-0
    This deck had gone undefeated the day before at Mass and undefeated so far today. I was worried. On top of that, I got a horrible starting hand--with my only basic being Quaza. He mulls and I draw a Sparce ^_^ He doesn't get the greatest start, and I get a fair start. He gets 1 Kingdra up, but Quaza takes care of it. I win eventually. I was happy that I beat the arch-rival Kingdra. =)

Finals vs. Brian Jr. with Amphy ex/Espy/Cacturne 5-0
    I have to face him..again. This game was the same as the other, except Espy was Cacturne and Amphy ex never made a showing.

Yay! I win the 11-14 age group and my brother comes in 2nd in 10- (out of 2 [​IMG]). I get my cool prize, the Magma/Aqua Box. They were supposed to give me a trophy, but Nintendo didn't send the trophies for that tourney. [​IMG] I'll get it later though.

Overall, this was a great event and I had a lot of fun. The TJ crew is always fun to hand around with and I can't for the next time I get to hang with them! Special thanks to BJJ, PokeMeBob, Disposable Heroes, and buterfly! [​IMG]

Till next time,

~Magnechu [​IMG]

BTW, the standing looked like this:

10-
    1.Amphy ex/Cargo ex
    2. Ninjask/Fossils/RK9

11-14
    1. Blazequazza
    2. Amphy ex/Espy/Cacturne

15+
    1. Blaze/Blaziken ex/Amphy/Amphy ex
    2. Niniken

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  2. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Magnechu - Congrats on your win. You beat a really good player in Nick C. with his Kingdra deck. Too bad about the trophy though.

3. ultimate_healer

ultimate_healer New Member

way to go man. You really deserved this victory. Too bad your Yellow Jackets lost to my Huskies last night for the title.

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

GJ magnechu, hope u do as well as this at Gym Challenge. Good you finally decided to play BEX.

-MuD