Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ridiculous pokemon.

Lets look at some RIDICULOUSLY overpowered pokemon... on some i don know if the term "ridiculously overpowered" even covers it.

Ill start with one of my favorites... Yanmega: by churning is wings it can create shock waves that cause critical internal injuries to the foe"

Machamp: "using its heavy muscles, it can throw punches that throw foes clear over the horizon"
"it punches with its 4 arms at a blinding speed, it can throw 1,000 punches in 2 seconds (thats 250 punches per arm)"
"it is impossible to defend against the punches and chops dealt by its 4 arms"
"one arm alone can move mountains"
"its arms react quicker than it can think"
"machamp is known as the pokemon that has mastered EVERY kind of martial art"

Golem: "its rock-like body is so durable, even high powered dynamite fails to scratch it"

Nidoking: "Its tail is thick and powerful, if it binds and enemy, it can snap their spine quite easily"
"its horns are so hard it can pierce through diamond"
"A nidokings tail packs enormous destructive power capable of topping a metal transmission tower, if it rampages there is no stopping it"
"Nikdoking has a rock hard hide worn like armor. The horn on its head it sharp and highly venomous.

Hariyama: Hariyama's thick body may appear to be fat, but its a hunk of solid muscle. If it bears down and tightens all its muscles, its body becomes as hard as rock."
"it can send a 10 ton truck flying with one punch."

Hitmonchan: "while apparently doing nothing, it is firing lightning fast punches that are impossible to see"
"it can punch its way through a concrete wall the same way as a drill"
"its punches are launched at such a high speed even a slight graze could cause a burn."

Pidgeot: "This pokemon searches for food while flying at mach 2 (1,330 miles an hour or 680 meters per second)"
"its outstanding vision allows it to spot magicarps, even while flying at 3300 feet"

And last but not least Arbok: "once arbok wraps around its foe, escaping its crunching embrace is impossible"

However, heres what IS least Magikarp: "an under powered pathetic pokemon. it may jump high sometimes, but never more than 7 feet"
"in the past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendant today"
"it is said to be the worlds weakest pokemon, no one knows why it has survived so long."

If you find anymore, please post them

Last edited:
Ponyta: "Its hooves are 10 times harder than diamonds. It can trample anything completely flat in little time."
"Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower in a single giant leap."
"It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap."

Rapidash: "With incredible acceleration, it reaches its top speed of 150 mph after running just ten steps."

Skarmory: "This POKEMON flies at close to 190 MPH."

Onix: "It can move at 50 mph."

Dugtrio: "A team of triplets that can burrow over 60 MPH."

Doduo: "When threatened, it flees at over 60 miles per hour.

Sharpedo: "It swims at 75 mph and is known as the 'Bully of the Sea'."

Dodrio: "It runs close to 40 MPH in praries."

Linoone: "When running in a straight line, it can top 60 miles per hour."

Let's compare actual speed to speed stat...

By actual speed:

Pidgeot: 1,330 MPH: 91
Arcanine: at LEAST 258.3 MPH:
95Skarmory: 190 MPH: 70
Rapidash: 150 MPH: 105
Sharpedo: 75 MPH: 95
Dugtrio: 60 MPH: 120
Doduo: 60 MPH: 75
Linoone: 60 MPH: 100
Onix: 50 MPH: 70
Dodrio: 40 MPH: 100

By stat:

Rapidash: 150 MPH: 105
Dugtrio: 60 MPH: 120
Linoone: 60 MPH: 100
Dodrio: 40 MPH: 100
Arcanine: at LEAST 258.3 MPH: 95
Sharpedo: 75 MPH: 95
Pidgeot: 1,330 MPH: 91
Doduo: 60 MPH: 75
Skarmory: 190 MPH: 70
Onix: 50 MPH: 70

Something wrong here?

Last edited:
tyranitar-
when it rampages it knocks down mountains and burries rivers, maps have to be redrawn after.
it is so overwhelmingly powerful it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest.
its body cant be harmed by any sort of attack.

how can you 'knock down' a mountain!
and it obviously can be harmed by attacks, thats why its double weak to fighting, also weak to ground, water, grass...

to add to meditite rox's list,
feraligatr-
on all fours on land but it moves fast.
it uses its powerful hind legs to charge at the foe with incredible speed.
it will kick the ground with its powerful hind legs to charge at incredible speed.
but its base for speed is only 78.
they also make it seem like its such a strong pokemon, but it has the same base attack as krabby (105)...

Last edited:
Nidoran F "one drop of venom from its horns can be fatal..."

Ninetails "grabbing one of its tails could result in a thousand year curse"
"it can live for a thousand years"

this one is just funny electrode "if it has to much electricity and nothing to do, it explodes to amuse itself"

Raichu "it can loose 100,000 volt charges"

Magmortar "it blasts fireballs of over 3,600 degrees"

Magby "it naturaly spits a 1100 degree flame"

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

tyranitar-
when it rampages it knocks down mountains and burries rivers, maps have to be redrawn after.
it is so overwhelmingly powerful it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest.
its body cant be harmed by any sort of attack.

how can you 'knock down' a mountain!
and it obviously can be harmed by attacks, thats why its double weak to fighting, also weak to ground, water, grass...

he may be able to knock em down, but machamp can move them with ONE arm

Last edited:
I can't help but lol at a lot of these. I'm looking through my old Pokedex books for some. Here is what I've got:

Dugtrio: "They like to trigger huge earthquakes by digging up to sixty miles underground."

Bellsprout: If you're thinking about collecting a wild Bellsprout, use your most powerful technique before it has a chance to use Growth technique against you."

Since when can Bellsprout be worth of taking my most powerful technique, and 60 miles underground is SO far down.

Oh, no, it's a Level 4 Bellsprout that just used Growth! My Level 100 Charizard dosen't stand a chance!

Charizard "Breathing INTENSE flames it can melt almost anything"
"its flames can melt a glacier weighing 10 tons"
"is will never torch a weaker foe"

your right, it has no chance =/

^^sure it will it said TORCH what about just blowing it away or crushing it with it's tail?

these are just so funny - i never really payed attention to these kind of things... :lol:

Me neither... and MY Charizard on FRLG certainly will touch things weaker then itself... it will even destroy them.:tongue:

Cloyster: Its shell is so protective, not even a bomb could get it open.

Golbat: "Golbat can drain 48 cubic inches of blood per bite."
WHAT, FOUR SQUARE FEET OF BLOOD?!?!?!

Charizard: The flames it spits are so hot, they can melt boulders.

Blastoise-"The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel."

Lugia-"If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm."

Garchomp-"It flies at sonic speed."

Luxray-"It has eyes that can see through anything.":eek:

Shiftry-"By flapping its leafy fan, it can whip up gusts of 100 ft/second that can level houses."

Drifblim DP-"It's drowZy in daytime, but flies off in the evening in big groups." Drowsy is spelled wrong. Too much Pokemon makes me spell words wrong too. Like Koffing, and I called a ferret a Furret in PetCo yesterday.

Last edited:
"its front teeth are incredibly powerful, it can destroy a two-story house with them in 3 minutes"
:lol: That is awesome, he's got a quite a nasty bite!

Blastoise-"The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel."
:eek: WATER GOING THROUGH thick STEEL!?!? :lol:

Some of these things are insane. If they were really as powerful as the Pokedex entries said, the Pokeman world would be really messed up!

"tyranitar-
its body cant be harmed by any sort of attack."

That one just made me crack up. I just keep picturing it vaporizing Mt. Rushmore by just staring at it.

"tyranitar-
its body cant be harmed by any sort of attack."

That one just made me crack up. I just keep picturing it vaporizing Mt. Rushmore by just staring at it.
master of puppets already said that one, but that is a good one :lol:. It doesn't even make sense how it says its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack when there was this one TV episode where there was a mother Tyranitar with a big chunk out of her chest.

Golbat: "Golbat can drain 48 cubic inches of blood per bite."
WHAT, FOUR SQUARE FEET OF BLOOD?!?!?!
Actually, it's 0.0277777778 cubic feet. You can't convert cubic inches to square feet. You can't even measure blood is square units. Supposing you could though, 48 square inches is 0.333333333 square feet, not 4 square feet.

Also, 48 cubic inches is only 0.786579072 liters or 26.5974025 US fluid ounces.

Blastoise-"The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel." As Mew* already said, WATER PUNCHING THROUGH THICK STEEL????!!!!

Lugia-"If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm." LOL! Why, then, in the anime, when they show Lugia, why isn't there a storm after?

Garchomp-"It flies at sonic speed." Seriously? Then it should have higher Speed in the Video Games.

Luxray-"It has eyes that can see through anything.":eek: Yikes! Now that is SCARY! especialy when you have one at Level 100.

Shiftry-"By flapping its leafy fan, it can whip up gusts of 100 ft/second that can level houses." Wow, that's similar to Lugia, just not as extreme.

Drifblim DP-"It's drowZy in daytime, but flies off in the evening in big groups." Drowsy is spelled wrong. Too much Pokemon makes me spell words wrong too. Like Koffing, and I called a ferret a Furret in PetCo yesterday.

My replies are in bold.

Back