Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RISING RIVALS Prerelease - OREGON (Dates Added)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Rising Rivals Prereleases in Oregon​

Here Comes the next Set in the Platinum Series!!!

A Rivalry is Born! :clap:
  • Rising Rivals brings powerful Trainers and amazing Pokémon together in new and exciting ways.
  • 110 cards - featuring new Pokémon SP!
  • New Pokémon LV.X including Luxray and Gallade!!
  • The Plasma Pokémon Rotom can now be collected in five different forms!!!
  • Discover the elite Trainer in yourself with Rising Rivals!!!!

PORTLAND (5/9/09)
4531 SE Woodstock Blvd., Portland, OR
Date - Saturday, May 9th, 2009

EUGENE (5/10/09)
4750 Village Plaza Loop, Eugene, OR
Date - Sunday, May 10th, 2009

MEDFORD (5/16/09)
207 E. Barnett Rd., Medford, OR
Date - Saturday, May 16th, 2009

PORTLAND #2 (5/16/09)
303 SE 3rd AVE, Portland, OR

SALEM (5/17/09)
546 High St NE, Salem, OR
Date - Sunday, May 17th, 2009

Time - 11:00 AM (registration begins) (please arrive no later than 11:45 to allow time for the registration process)
The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours

Tournament Structure
Three Age Divisions:
>> Juniors (born in 1998 or later)
>> Seniors (born in 1994, 1995, 1996, or 1997)
>> Masters (born in 1993 or earlier)

Format – Sealed Deck (6 booster packs provided) Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)

Cost - $25

Additional Information - Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]

Prizes Prizes Prizes
  • Exclusive Promo and Rising Rivals Card Sleeves (while supplies last)
  • All Players get 2 additional Rising Rivals boosters when they complete the tournament!!!
  • Get a pick from the “Mystery Box” !!!
  • Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items – We have a GREAT selection of unique Pokemon Items for these giveaways!!!

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: If you are just learning to play Pokémon, you might be interested in a more casual format. Instead of the main Prerelease tournament, you can participate in a theme deck challenge, which will be a non-sanctioned tournament. You will be given a brand new Rising Rivals theme deck to battle with. Everyone wins an additional 4 Rising Rivals boosters and a pack of Rising Rivals Card Sleeves when they complete the tournament. Parents can help their younger children, or children can help their parents learn the game. Learn to play the game, get the new cards and have a lot of FUN in the process. You can’t lose! Quantities of Theme Decks are limited, so priority will be given to beginners.
Entry fee - $25.00

Side Events
DS TOURNAMENT: Throughout the day, there will be a DS tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament.
Rules - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of Level 100 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Certain Pokemon, moves and items may be restricted, if you have not played in one of our Pokemon DS events contact us for details on allowable Pokemon, moves and items; "Modified" DS cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark or Action Replay).
Entry Fee - FREE

SIDE EVENT TOURNAMENTS: Following the main tournament we will run side events using the new Rising Rivals theme decks and boosters. The type of tournaments we run depends on what players want. We can do booster drafts or theme deck sealed. Prizes will be Rising Rivals boosters (the amount of prizes depends on number of participants).
Entry fee - $20.00

BDS

Last edited:
yay first post! this set looks pretty cool, hoping to try something with gallade 4 :biggrin:
probably going to go to eugene and portland like always!

Sweet, I hope to go to The two Portland Ones and maybe a Eugune one?
I'll have to beg chris to take me again.

I am also going to try to save up some one for a box or two of this set.

OMG can't wait for eeveelutions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! made an SD on relick forums, i really think it will be BDIF.

Woohoo! Another Pre-release will be rockin the Southern Oregon World too! I'm looking forward to another
day of PARTAY with my favorite poke-people! (Rumor has it that we will be taking on the Guardian Games
Pre-release day! Talk about a David and Goliath matchup..)

But I sure am looking forward to it!

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! go eeveelutions! ima go to 2 like always (possibly a draft as well) gotta start asking parents for moneys and rides :F

Ok, I'll be at all of them, except the one in Medford, obviously. : P

Astral Games is gonna be the place to be before long ya know! Granted, I don't expect to get many
northern oregon players when we share the day with Guardian Games! @_@ But we are getting a
decent player base down here in Medford/Ashland! I do hope to see some of you travel down here
for Battle Roads. (Expecially since I believe Shuckle Agreed to host them for me so I can PLAY!)

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

The Lv.X's in this set are craaaaaaazzzyyy. Hippowdon and Flygon are what I'm looking forward to the most in this set. After all Flygon lv.X> Dialga G Lv.X

Also, 1st prereleases with a Bald Raichu. I wonder if he'll be wearing his hat at each location.
~Cyber~

MEDFORD (5/16/09)
207 E. Barnett Rd., Medford, OR

PORTLAND #2 (5/16/09)
303 SE 3rd AVE, Portland, OR

Look, I know I'm pretty flippin amazing, but I can't be in two places at once, baby. I'm sorry.

Back