Rock, Paper, Scissors

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by TheDarkTwins, Jun 1, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

Hi,

I just wanted to double check. I like using RPS cards or Pokemon Cards that I have written RPS on for Team Galactic's Wager. I was under the impression that POP said they were fine with this. Should PTOs/TOs be telling us that we can't do that? If they shouldn't and they should be allowing us to use RPS cards, what steps can we take to help rectify the problem.

Thanks,
    Drew

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

If you were not allowed to use RPS cards, then you should send an email to POP using the response/feedback link in the tournament listing, after it has been reported.

3. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

Just to be clear, you should be able to use cards, but you cannot use them in a random fashion. For example, you can't turn them face down, mix them up so you don't know which is which, then pick one at random as your choice. You have to make a conscious choice, with full knowledge of what you are choosing. If someone was randomly choosing cards, then I could see a Judge prohibiting them from using them.

BDS

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Drew was using them at my BR last weekend. He was not doing it randomly.

5. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

I was not accusing Drew of doing it randomly, just pointing out that it cannot be random, and if it is, that might be cause for a Judge to prohibit using cards in that specific case.

BDS