Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford IL City Championships Sat 1/3/15

PokeMama

(Part of the Chicagoland Marathon, taking place every day from Sat Dec 27th to Sun Jan 4th)

Rockford's ready for it!! Show us what you've got!
:pokeball: Pokémon TCG City Championships :pokeball:

Sat Jan 3rd 2015

Top Cut Comics - Loves Park
5600 N. 2nd St
Rockford IL 61111

Registration 10am-10:45am

Here’s a Google map link for you
In the Pokémon TCG City Championship tournaments, players in each of the three POP-recognized age divisions can work toward earning Championship Points, increasing their chance of earning awards or even an invitation to the World Championships!
The Pokémon TCG City Championships will take place from November 28, 2014, through January 18, 2015. To find times and locations of City Championship events in your area, click here.

This is an open event and you do not have to have won or participated in any previous events in order to enter! Everyone may enter, no matter what age or skill level, you just need to know how to play and have a Modified Legal Deck (or purchase one right there from Pegasus!), so be sure to bring all your friends and come join us in Madison for an awesome day of competition!
PLUS – All participants will receive an exclusive City Championships promo card, while supplies last!

Up to Top 8 for the Finals, based on the total number of players in each age group…
Prizes for 1st – 4th place in EACH of the 3 age groups…

*************Here are the Details **************​

Decklists will be required for this Championship Premier Event. Here’s a link to the super easy Decklist Creator then you can print it out ahead of time I’ll also have them at the event or at our League prior to the event. Just be sure to be there early enough to get them filled out and turned in before 10:45am, because you must have a decklist to be entered in the tourney! And remember, it’s you’re responsibility to make sure that your deck is legal and matches your decklist completely, so take care in writing it out! That’s why I strongly suggest you use the Decklist Creator and then print it out, to help avoid mistakes, but we will have blank forms there and people who can help you fill it out or check over your deck when you get there, so just let me or one of my Judges know if you need some help. But do come early if you plan to fill it out there or you may miss Round 1.

So, what time do you suggest we be there??
I suggest you come closer to 10, unless you already have your decklist all made out. Due to the large number of players we will likely have, (probably at or close to 100, weather permitting) the cut-off for entrance into Round 1 will be 10:45am sharp.. Decklists will be required, so allow time to fill them out. If you haven’t turned in your decklist by 10:45am you can still be entered into the tournament, but you’ll start playing in Round 2, you’ll miss the first Round.. We will not delay the tourney for latecomers as it’s just not fair to those who get there on time. Bring your DS and your Pokemon Games! Once your decklist is turned in, you can participate in DS battles, art contests, or any other activities we might have while you wait. But you Must have your decklists turned in by 10:45am to be entered in Round 1.
Better too early than too late!

Who may enter in the Tournament? Anyone who knows how to play the game may enter, you do not need to be a resident of the City of Rockford … All are welcome, of all ages, from far away, or right in Rockford! If you’re new to the game and want to learn more about it, check out the Pokemon Organized Play website for a Tutorial on how to play so you’ll already know how when you get there, or stop by Top Cut Comics on the weeks prior to the 3rd during our League time, they can teach you how to play. We have League time 3:30pm – 5:30pm on Saturdays, to help teach anyone who doesn’t know how to play. But for this particular event, you should at least already know the basics of how to play as this is a City Championships.

What do I need to bring with me? You’ll need to bring your own 60 card legal deck (BCR-PHF), bring your own damage counters or dice, ( Pegasus Games will also be selling at the event), you may want to bring money to buy lunch, products for sale. You should also know your POP ID number. If you’ve forgotten it, jot me an email and I’ll look it up for you. You WILL need your POP ID number to include it on your decklist. And if you’re new and don’t have a POP ID number yet, no worries… I can get you set up with one right there. If you want, feel free to bring your DS along too, I’m sure there will be plenty of others you can play and trade with! Just keep it in a safe place and remember, you’re responsible for keeping track of anything you might bring along.

Format: BCR-PHF Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See theTournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run (30 minute +3 turns) will depend on the total attendance of the event. (Top 8 players playing 50 minute plus 3 turns)

This event will be Age Separated Swiss (everyone will play within their own age group in all the rounds, the number of rounds being determined by number of players in each age group)

After Swiss rounds are complete, in each of the 3 age groups we will have a Top Cut, with a Maximum of a cut to Top 8. This means that after the main tournament, the top ranked players in each of the 3 age groups will continue on to play additional rounds (the number of additional rounds will depend on how many players were in each age group), Top 8 players playing 50 minute plus 3 turns, and continuing on to another elimination round until one City Championship winner in each age group remains..

Are there any requirements for attendance?
The Pokémon TCG City Championships do not require an invitation or qualification. All players in good standing are welcome to participate. Players need to bring their own 60-card Standard Format deck.

What are the age groups?
Age divisions
Junior Division (born in 2004 or later)
Senior Division (born in 2000, 2001, 2002, or 2003)
Masters Division (born in 1999 or earlier)

What is the entry fee?
There is no entry fee for Junior and Senior Division players. Masters Division players will be charged $10, but will have greater prizes.

What are the prizes?
Prizes are awarded to the top players in each of three age divisions. Players must have a Pokémon Trainer Club account with a Player ID attached, and must have opted in to the Play! Pokémon program in order to earn points.

Participants will receive 2 Play! Points just for playing and will also get a special Promo Card!

1st Place

18 Pokémon TCG booster packs
Masters Division players receive an additional 18 packs (36 total)
A City Championship Trophy
50 Championship Points

2nd Place

10 Pokémon TCG booster packs
Masters Division players receive an additional 10 packs (20 total)
40 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 4 or greater)

3rd and 4th Place

4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
Masters Division players receive an additional 6 packs (10 total)
30 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 8 or greater)

5th through 8th Place

Masters Division players receive 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs
20 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 32 or greater)

9th through 12th Place

Masters Division players receive 2 Pokémon TCG booster packs
10 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 64 or greater)

13th through 16th Place

Masters Division players receive 2 Pokémon TCG booster packs
5 Championship Points (if age division attendance is 64 or greater)

Hey Camille, will you give away a Pokemon Hat for this event too?
Sure, you know I love to make Pokemon hats to give away, so of course I will!! Stay tuned for pictures

Also, I’m trying to get a new picture of a BUNCH of people wearing the hats I’ve made, so if you’ve got one, how about wear it, and join in the fun!

What’s the timetable?
This will be a big, Tier 1 event, with likely 100 players, with most likely 4 rounds for the Juniors with a Top 4 Finals, 4 rounds for the Seniors with a Top 4 or 8, and 5 or 6 rounds for the Masters with a Top 8. Here’s a tentative schedule, but will depend on the number of and breakdown of players:

10:45 Announcements/ Post Roster
Round 1 11:00 – 11:45
Round 2 11:45 – 12:30
Lunch break to 1:15
Round 3 1:15 – 2:00
Round 4 2:00 – 2:45
Round 5 2:45 – 3:30
Round 6 3:30 – 4:15

(dinner breaks will be discussed with remaining players)
Juniors
Top 4 3:00 – 4:00
Top 2 4:15 – 5:15

Seniors
Top 8 3:00 – 4:00
Top 4 4:15 – 5:15
Top 2 5:30 – 6:30

Masters
Top 8 4:30 – 5:30
Top 4 5:45 – 6:45
Top 2 7:00 – 8:00

Top Cut Comics will have products for sale…. We will have all the needs for the average player. Sleeves, Deck Boxes, Boosters, plus tons of other cool items in the store. Be sure to check them out!

‘Support the Store’ Raffle - As a thank you to Top Cut Comics for hosting our event, I’d like to encourage our players to purchase items from their store. Show me your receipt for items that you purchase there and I’ll give you a Raffle ticket. Spend $5 or more and I’ll give you an extra raffle ticket for each extra $5 you spend! The more you spend in the store, the more chances you get! After all the main rounds are finished, I’ll draw a lucky number to win 3 booster packs.

SIDE EVENTS

Win-a-Box - New Event! - Limited Availability!

Format: Modified Sanctioned

Type: 8 player, 2 out of 3, Single Elimination Tournament

Price: $15.00 - each player receives one pack when they sign up

Prize: Full Sealed Booster Box of the most recent set

Limited Draft

Format: Limited Sanctioned

Type: 8 player, 2 out of 3, Single Elimination Tournament

Price: $15.00, 4 pack Draft

Prize: 1st place 4 packs of most current set

FOOD-
I understand that players get cranky and don’t function well when they’re hungry… no one wants cranky players. So, we will be having a set lunch break to keep you all happy and in a good mood ^_^ There are several fast food places within a mile, like Subway, Jimmy Johns, McDonalds, Arbys and more.

Questions? If you have any questions, feel free to email me or post here and I’ll be happy to answer them!

I know you want that City Championship Win!!

Bring your friends and come join us in Rockford for a great day of competition!
So grab your best deck, your dice, your damage counters, your lucky charms…
whatever you need to give your best performance …
and don’t forget to bring your POP ID numbers!
But whatever you do, DON’T BE LATE,
and don’t forget to bring a positive attitude!
:clap:
We’ll see you there!

Last edited:
The Chicagoland Marathon has been blazin' this year! Rockford's is just a few days away on Saturday... can you hang in there until then? Hats off to all you Marathoners out there! You've got some mad endurance skillz!

Speaking of hats... I'll be giving away either a Latios or Latias hat for Rockford! (Janesville the next day too!)

Back