Rockford IL Legends Awakened Prerelease Sat Aug 9th

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by PokeMama, Jul 14, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

What an exciting set this will be!!

Come join us at TIY!

When: Sat Aug 9th

Where: Tomorrow Is Yesterday's Gameroom
    5600 N. 2nd St Rockford IL 61111

What time: Registration opens at 2:00
    Event begins and Packs open at 2:30

Cost: $25
    (Includes 6 booster packs to build your deck with and keep afterwards, plus a promo card and exclusive card sleeves, plus 2 more prize packs at the end if you finish) ​

Don't worry, to accommodate our usual number of players comfortably in the gameroom, we'll hold it at 2 separate times during the same day. Our regular weekly players will be playing in the morning, Registration opening at 9, starting at 9:30. and all other players can come to the afternoon event (from 2-6). That way there will be plenty of room for everyone! Having it right in TIY's Gameroom, we'll have plenty of soda, candy, sleeves, booster packs, dice, and other great items right there on hand at the store for you!

We can easily accommodate 80 players, but Preregistration is still strongly suggested to reserve your seat into the event.

As usual, we will be having two different ways to play in the Prerelease,
    the Sanctioned Main Event (if you have fun making your own deck), OR the Theme Deck Challenge (if you'd rather play with a Preconstructed deck).

Either one you choose, in addition to the packs or Theme Deck you use for the tournament, you'll also get a Cool set of unique card sleeves and a special Promo card!
    Just think... a day full of fun with your Pokemon friends, a chance to get and play with the new cards before anyone else gets them, A Special set of sleeves for your deck, a special Promo Card...
    all for only $25!! Such a deal!

Want to get some extra booster packs? Bring in your friends, neighbors, parents... for every new person you bring in to play, in either the Main Event or the Theme Deck Challenge, I'll give you a bonus pack! Let's face it, Pokemon is a GREAT game, we ALL love it, and it's MORE fun the more people who play! This is going to be a VERY exciting new set and this is the very first day it's available too! You won't want to miss it!!

Also keep in mind the spirit of a Prerelease is non-competitive, with no real pressure to win, which is why everyone will receive prize packs at the end. The main objective is to have fun and check out all the new cards!

Don't worry, we'll have LOTS of random pack giveaways throughout the day! I also have some really cool door prizes to give out... besides packs and sleeves and such, a free Pass to our next Prerelease worth $25, as well as some other great door prizes! You can be sure we'll have a good time! Oh and of course, I'll bake plenty of cookies for everyone! We'll also have Soda,candy bars, booster packs, dice, and all kinds of other products available right there at the store for you!

Due to limited supply this time...

the first 30 players at each event time (at the 'regular players' morning event and also at the afternoon event ) to Preregister with me will be guaranteed to receive a pack of 60 Promo sleeves unique to the set, and a Prerelease Promo Card right at the event, (others may have to receive them at a later time, if I can get more) so post here, PM me, email me or call TIY (815-633-0330) to Preregister!

I have all the COMPLETE details up on our website, with more to be added later, but for now... MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR SATURDAY AUG 9TH!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. MetronOob

MetronOob New Member

All i need is for someone to sponcer me, im savin up for worlds so.

3. TLesky

TLesky Active Member

We will definitally be promoting your event up here, Camielle. Who knows, might event try to make this one. tough to go that far for a pre, but you never know. Good luck with your tourney. I am sure it will be amazing as your events always are.:thumb:

4. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I'm gonna be there, let's see if my stupid pack luck can hold up for another event!

5. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

Ya it's gonna be a fun one I'm sure! I'm pretty excited about it! Quite a few have preregistered already.

6. ninjapchan

ninjapchan New Member

Just a few days before the Prerelease! Let Camille know if you are going to be there. It's going to be awesome!

Keny

7. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

I'll be there! To pull four complete Kingdra lines in my packs. :lol:

8. hychu-chan

hychu-chan New Member

all i'm looking for in this set is 3x pokeradar and 2x magnezone lv. x

9. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

Ooooooh! Looking like we're going to have a nice turnout! Quite a few on the list already! I'm totally stoked! I've got everything all ready to go, and I got all my baking supplies at the store today so I can make up some yummy treats for you all! My hubby's birthday is tomorrow, so he might need to sample some of the goodies I'm baking for ya'll! :wink:

10. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

Great fun time we had! Wow what a day!

We had 2 times to fit into our store. Filled up the place for sure, but it worked out!
    We had a total of 77 players! (ran out of sleeves at 73 and had to turn some extra players away)

AM Main Event
    36 total
    21 Masters
    9 Seniors
    6 Juniors

PM Main Event
    33 Total
    13 Masters
    9 Seniors
    11 Juniors

Theme Deck Challenge
    8 total
    5 Masters
    2 Seniors
    1 Junior

77 total

Well, we gave away lots of booster packs, deck boxes, sleeves at each of the events, plus we had a lot of new players and first time players to our events, which is always cool to see! We had people from all over! Sure hope everyone had fun! I'll have pictures and videos up at my website tomorrow!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  11. bullados

Methinks you need to get more stuff next time, Camille!

There's gotta be more space in that store. I know that I'm not adverse to playing on countertops, I actually think that's probably the most fun way to play, standing up!

12. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

Definitely, I will! Next time I believe we will have more space there as the store is getting closer to having a bigger room ready for us.

13. Politoed666

Politoed666 New Member

I know I had a great time! Obtained Mesprit Lv.X, Azelf Lv.X, and Rhyperior Lv.X. According to Pok├ębeach, Cynthia's Feelings average one per box, but I headed home with four, including a Reverse Holo. Cookies were good, too. A bit...crowded, though... :lol:

14. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

Ya we did fill up the place pretty good, didn't we! But next event we should have more room as we should be in a different section of the store. Glad you had fun!

I've got the pics up (click here)... well, some of them anyway. More to come soon.

15. bullados

I was hoping for at least some comparisons to Rafael Nadal with that particular pose. Oh well...

16. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

I've got the results of the day's events updated on our website, complete with a few videos too :) Also I added the pictures Keny sent me to the gallery as well!