Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford (Loves Park's) Ancient Origins Prerelease Sat Aug 1, 2015

PokeMama

Time for our Ancient Origins Prerelease! Can't wait!
Sat August 1st, 2015
Top Cut Comics - Loves Park
5600 N. 2nd St
Loves Park IL 61111

9am or 1pm
Cost: $25
(includes 6 packs to build deck for tourney, plus 2 prize packs at end,
and a Cool Promo Card for the 1st 120 players)
You will NOT want to miss this one!

So what time does the fun start?
Registration opens at:
9am (open packs at 9:30) for the morning one or
1pm (open packs at 1:30) for the afternoon one

No need to Preregister but you will need your POP ID number and birthdate to sign in there. If you don't remember your number, contact me ahead of time and I'll give it to you. If you have never had one yet, I'll assign you one there.

Here’s information on this exciting new set from the Pokemon Website: Get ready to stun your opponents with some new tricks in the Pokémon TCG: XY—Ancient Origins expansion! Hoopa-EX brings new Mythical power to the Pokémon TCG world, along with fierce new challengers like Mega Tyranitar-EX, Mega Ampharos-EX, and Mega Sceptile-EX! The XY—Ancient Origins expansion transforms ancient secrets into modern battling techniques, with all-new Special Energy cards, new Ancient Traits, and Shiny versions of Primal Kyogre-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and Mega Rayquaza-EX! The power of the ancients is unbound!The XY—Ancient Origins expansion includes:

Over 90 cards
11 new Pokémon-EX, including 3 Mega Evolution Pokémon and a new Mythical Pokémon
Two new theme decks designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG
Code cards in theme decks and booster packs that unlock virtual cards from the XY—Ancient Origins expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Look for the XY—Ancient Origins expansion in stores and on PokemonCenter.com starting Aug 12, 2015.
Here are the details on the Prerelease!
- Main Event -
Cost: $25 for 6 boosters to build the deck you’ll play in the tournament, plus a special Promo Card for everyone, while supplies last! Plus 2 more packs at the end of the tournament!

Each player will receive 6 booster packs of the new set (to keep) and may start opening their packs when we tell everyone to go. Players will each build their own 40 card deck to play (using only those cards from the 6 packs, no trading cards with others until after the Tourney) and will also decide how many energies they will want to include in their decks (basic energies are provided at the event). Everyone will then have 30 minutes to build their decks, using only the cards from the packs they received. That totally levels the playing field… because from the best player around to the newest youngster there, everyone has an equal chance at this tourney because you never know what cards you’ll get in your packs! That’s what makes it so fun!

Remember, it’s a tournament for fun, so don’t stress over building ‘the perfect deck’… just have fun with it! Once the decks are built, the tourney will begin. For this event you play for 4 prizes with 20 minute rounds, and we usually play for 3 rounds. Also keep in mind the spirit of a Prerelease is non-competitive, with no real pressure to win, which is why everyone will receive prize packs at the end. The main thing is to have fun & check out all the new cards!

Prizes:ALL participants who finish will receive 2 more prize packs at the end of the tourney (making a total of 8 packs, PLUS the Promo card)

- Draft Side Event -
Only players who have participated in the Main Prerelease may play in the Side Event afterwards. We’ll have sign ups and details at the store.

$15 DRAFT- Here’s something new and fun for those of you who play in the Prerelease… after the morning event AND after the afternoon event we’ll be having 8 player 4 pack draft side events for $15, so if you finished up your fun time playing in the Prerelease and just wish you could keep going for some MORE fun, then sign up for the Draft afterwards! It’s a blast! We’ll keep them going in pods of 8 players. Winner gets 4 packs.

Want to get some extra booster packs? Bring in your friends, neighbors, parents… for every new person you bring in to play the Main Event I’ll give you a bonus pack! Let’s face it, Pokemon is a GREAT game, we ALL love it, and it’s MORE fun the more people who play! This is going to be a VERY exciting new set and this is the very first day it’s available too! You won’t want to miss it!!

Door Prizes - Of course , we’ll have some random giveaways throughout the day, including one of the cool Pokemon hats I make!! You can be sure we’ll have a good time!

‘Support the Store’ Raffle - As a thank you to Top Cut Comics for hosting our event, I’d like to encourage our players to purchase items from their store. Show me your receipt for items that you purchase there from now until the Prerelease, and I’ll give you a Raffle ticket. Spend $5 or more and I’ll give you an extra raffle ticket for each extra $5 you spend! The more you spend in the store, the more chances you get! After all the main rounds are finished, I’ll draw a lucky number to win 3 booster packs.

PokeMama’s Pokemon hat giveaway - Of course I’ll be making some hats of the Pokemon in the set to give away at both the morning and afternoon events! So be sure to come! You might get lucky and win one!

How/when can I pay for the event? You can pay on the day of the event by cash or check (made out to Camille Peltier-Robson) or you may pay in advance with Credit Card if you wish (email Camille for simple details) If you prepay, you guarantee your seat and can arrive later, (either 9:25am for the morning one or 1:25pm for afternoon) and avoid the line.

This will be a GREAT fun time! You’re definitely going to want to be here for this one and bring all your friends along too!
More details and links at my website, www.pokemama.com See you there!!

Oh and the South Rockford Store (2430 S Alpine, Rockford, IL 61108)will be holding theirs on Sat Aug 9th, registration 11am to 11:45, so check it out too!

Last edited:
Back