Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RPS Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwarpy

Energy cards with R P S written in magic marker are so cheesy. What about a Scizor, Golem, and
something for Paper, in different sleeves from my deck of course. If I find a good Paper Pokemon,
and show my opponent what I am going to do, can I use these instead?

Who's the paper pokemon? Maybe Pelipper cuz of similar spelling. Not good enough though, probably.
Something plain or white maybe...Ditto or Togekiss? Mmmm, I think Togekiss is the Paper, no?

Some guy here had just those, with a Dunsparce. The reasoning was that Paper = Papier in Dutch, and he made it Pa Pier = Daddy Worm.

*goes to looks for some Megaman images* Megaman RPS, anyone? Lol. Rockman, Cutman, Paperman? LULZ.

I don't think its a fair substitute as people without meaning to will be biased by the images. I highly doubt that if you tested RPS that way with 100 people, there would be an even ratio of decision.

It has been ruled that cards can be used for RPS. The ones I've seen used simply have written on the cards "Rock" Paper" and "Scissors". You should check with the HJ of your event to see if they will allow something else. My gut feeling would be NO since the images MAY be interpreted by others differently. Best to stick to the easy and just mark them rock paper and scissors.

Keith

POP has ruled that whatever you use, it has to have the words "Paper", "Rock", and "Scissors" written on them.

Personally, I use sets of Mantine, Slugma, and Scyther and I have 6 or 8 sets to lend out at events.
I have the words written on then, per POP's ruling.

Last edited:
I use one of my favorite pokemon lines -

Caterpie = Paper due to it is flimsy and has paper like attacks, like string shot that are "flimsy" like paper
Metapod - Rock due to Harden, pretty self explaintory.
Butterfree - Scissors due to Silver Wind, which can "cut" things.

I thought it was pretty smart, so have some of my opponents. :biggrin:

Drew

I played someone in T8 Regionals who used the Old Unowns as them, he got an Unown P, and Unown R, and an Unown S, and then wrote OCK on the Unown R, APER on Unown P, and CISSORS on Unown S, it was pretty cool

Use something white and flat.
Maybe altaria/swablu? Swellow?
Or, draw a paper pokemon, and print out a pic, and stick it onto a card lol.

I had a player (sorry Riq) that I drove nuts when he used cards for RPS.

I watched him flip his card, and then stated the counter.

We weren't going 123, he was flipping, and looking to see what he flipped.

We did this twice, and I didn't let him draw, saying, dude, I am just picking your counter.

He said OK, and we re-did it, the same way.

He finally got frustrated and we played REAL R-P-S

Much better. The cards are a poor substitute. They should be disallowed.

Vince

For the record, I like using Sudowoodo for paper as he looks like a tree piece and you have to kill trees to make paper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back