ruling question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by BLiZzArD, Sep 3, 2003.

1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I'm having a problem with the retreat ruling if I play switch or warp point does that count as my reteat for the turn or can I retreat again

2. dkates

dkates New Member

You can retreat after a Switch/Warp Point. Retreat means changing Pokemon without using a Trainer or Pokemon Power.

3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

More specifically, retreat means any method that involves paying the retreat cost and and does not use the term switch.

4. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

Retreating is discarding the energy cost listed on the pokemon card in order to switch it with a benched pokemon. If the retreat cost is zero discarding zero energy cards to bench it and bring up a new pokemon still counts as retreating. The only real exception is when Balloon Berry is used. In that case you're discarding the berry instead of energy, but it's still retreating.

5. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

thanx guys it was an issue(well nt really an issue) but it came up at my RS challenge

6. Pablo

Pablo New Member

told ya ;) :p

7. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

Switching is totally different from retreating.
    Well, that has been an issue that has been clarified many times, many ways and days..... :) !!!!!!!