Rumors of Gym/Stadium Challenges

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by SteveP, Mar 21, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

My PTO just got back from GAMA at Las Vegas and had some interesting tidbits of news about the upcoming Stadiums, after talking to the Nintendo folks. Of course, this info is all preliminary, and subject to change, but here's the scoop.

1. There will be about 40-ish Gym Challenges in the mid-late May time-frame. Those locations are currently being worked out, and hopefully, my PTO will secure one of those valuable slots.

2. There will be 3-ish Stadium Challenges in each region. Hopefully, those regions will include west, central, and east. No idea when they'll happen.

Also, it looks like the next pre-release will be in June sometime.

Could we ask for a better year in Pokemon!!!!???

2. old man

old man New Member

The PTO for this area also had some info on Gym & Stadium Challenges & the next pre release as well. I will only write here what he has already printed on handouts, but there is more info he let me know that I'll wait on being released.

May 8th - Houston Gym Challenge
    May 29th - OK Gym Challenge
    June 5 - Houston Pre Release

Like I said, he made mention of other pre-releases, gyms & the stadium challenge for the SOUTH region as well, but I'll not ruin it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2004
  3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

"2. There will be 3-ish Stadium Challenges in each region. Hopefully, those regions will include west, central, and east. No idea when they'll happen."

I keep hoping they'll move up to 4 of these (Northeast, South, Midwest, West). Oh well. Anyway, forty GCs? Interesting.

4. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

New league promos would be cool...then I'd actually have more people interested in coming to playtest for 'bigger events'

5. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

(bold emphasis is mine).

Looks like there is gonna be a South, Mid, and Northern stadium challenge in each region.

6. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Events are cool but we need more league activities, promos, etc. I rather not have to drive out of state just to have fun.

7. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Clarification.

I'm not sure if my PTO meant there'd be 3-ish Stadiums in EACH REGION (for a total of 9-12) or 1 Stadium in 3-ISH REGIONS.

8. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

Midwest sould hopefully be a region... we need somethig here. I'm sure no one in Wisconsin or Illinios wants to drive to Housten or farther for a Stadium Challenge!

9. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

My money's on one in 3-ish. :D

BDS

10. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

POP's fixed his 8-ball :)

Prime does raise a valid (if slightly of topic point) that all these big events appeal to the old guard. essentially the existing players that transfered from Wotc nearly a year ago. The future of the game lies in the capture of new players.

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

NoPoke still can't tell the difference between a Pop and a Daddy :)

**wonders if NoPoke sent cards to BDS...** :p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  12. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Who's the daddy?

Gotta be a Pop?

13. farbsman

farbsman New Member

I don't count on one in the area of Wisconsin/Illinois/Indiana/Ohio/Michigan since Nationals are in Columbus Ohio. Why should we get 2 big qualifiers for Worlds?

Now if there are 4 I would say maybe New York, Florida, Texas, California. But since there are 3 I don't know.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  14. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

BDS ir right I think. There will be three Stadiums. The idea with three Stadiums in three parts of the country sounds a little far fetched to me.

I know that I have planned for the Gym in Utah to be mid May and the Prerelease the second weekend in June.

15. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Because we're speshul. ;)

Actually, the two are not equal events, and to use your logic, worlds (which includes a qualifying event) is in the South, so, well, you get the idea.

Using logic to derive strategy only goes so far because you don't have all the pieces.

16. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

It's most likely going to be PCNY, OK/TX, and California, but I'd like to see them add MO and FLA to that list.

17. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Just three months between sets? And with Nationals end-of-month June???

18. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Sounds right to me. A new set about every three or four months.

19. davechri

davechri New Member

If there are going to be 3 Stadium Challenges, why not start with the WOTC venues - Newark, Chicago, and San Diego and go from there?

I think all 3 are still viable.

If there would be a 4th added, I would hope for Dallas/Houston or Atlanta (this would attract the Carolinas and Florida).

I can't wait!

20. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Meh, I'm from Chicago, and I STILL think that St Louis is a better location, mostly b/c it's more centrally located. Of course, if there's gonna be a Texas or Atlanta SC, then Chicago is better for those in the North Midwest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.