Rypherior Lv.X -Translation inside-

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by AnimeDDR110, Feb 14, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Here is the translation to Rypheriror Lv.X for the new set coming out in Japan, Temple of ANger, Cry from the mysterious:

Rhyperior LV.X - Fighting - HP170
    Level-Up

[.] Hard Crush: Discard 5 cards from the top of your deck. This attack does 50 damage for each Energy discarded in this way.
    [F][F][C] Toss Up: 60 damage. Remove all Fighting Energy from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and return them to your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: Water (x2)
    Resistance: Lightning (-20)
    Retreat: 4

Well, heres what we casn see in Ryperior Lv.X; It has the 2nd most HP out of any pokemon to come out in the new pokemon format, a great way to recycle your energies, and a great way to recharge your deck incase your low on cards. It works fast, as Hard Crush is a smart attack if you are playing a good amount of energy in your deck.

So, what do you think?

2. Jason

Jason New Member

T1 Pachirisu to get a Phione and 3 Rhyperiors
    T2 Ret for Phione, get setup
    T3 Ret Phione for first Rhyperior, lv.X up and BAM

Hmmm...nice concept...:)

3. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

lol there's already another thread on going!

Anyway, for once i thought rhyperior is gonna be unplayable for EVER! But maybe not. He can now use his own attack then use lvl x's attack!

Needs some way to get back the discarded stuffs though.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

it changes the strat a lot though since without briney's you need 4 rhyperier no ifs ands or buts, so i don't think it will focus so much on decking people out with the lvl x, i don't even want to get worked up because i'll be collecting social security before we get this card

rhyperior isn't unplayable, i did alright with it at a br and a good friend of mine did real well with absol rhyperior in new york or something i wasn't there, it would win every match if tourney matches weren't timed, if it goes to time you lose no matter what, except one time in leauge when i beat pheonixback4fire by prizes with it LOLOLOLOLOLOL

i've been doing better this year at the few tournies i went to but even after my good showing with rhyperior i was never to play it again, it's not a tourny style deck anymore, your opponent can stall you hard after they take some early budew or azurill prizes