Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

s/a/f (MF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediDrew

This is the deck I've been using at york for the past couple of weeks.It plays well against every big deck right now.

Pokemon 17
2 Scyther
2 Scizor
3 Marril
3 Azumarril
3 Sentret
2 Furret
2 Dunsparce

Trainers 25
4 Research
2 Copycat
2 Birch
4 Oracle
4 Pokenav
2 Fanclub
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
2 Potion
1 Volunteer

Energy 18
4 Metal
4 Rainbow
2 Boost
2 Warp
6 Water

Most of the cards are self explanatory. Pokenav is for grabbing the pokemon or energy I oracled for. It can also be used to set draw cards on top of the deck. Potion is usually just used for rainbow damage since many decks cannot compete with a huge Scizor. Warp Point is a great card since many decks don't see it comming and generally dont have a pokemon on the bench to sacrifice. Birch is a recent addition since Copycat is not the card it used to be. It is superior anyways because after repeated furret uses you usually have 1-2 cards in your hand and it draws 5-6 cards. Azumarril counters your fire weakness and is great with boost. Since there are only 3 types in the deck NEt search could be used over Fan club but it doesnt really matter.

Basic strategy is to get a 4 metal scizor up and beat down.

For Blaziken/Eggs you want to attack faster than they do with Azumarril. After a second and third turn boost attack you should have the advantage. Scizor can be used to clean up but three azumarril should do the trick. If there are many blaz/egg decks in your metagame you can increase the amount of boost energies in the deck.

For Gardevoir get a 4 metal scizor beatdown as quick as possible. The only other energy you want on your side is a water on an azumarril so you can boost if necessary. This will generally work.

The tougest matchup is Sceptile. You want to get the trades you want by first attacking with Scizor. Then when they Moltres it you Azu the Moltres. This will eliminate all there energy on the field and 2-3 rainbows. When they go to Absorb them back try to Azumarril the mewtwo before it can retreat. Scizor their sceptiles. This match should be long and tough and you should win like 50% of the time. Im thinking about crystal shard so that azumarril can attack the sceptiles.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Hey Drew,

Good to see you finally got here. I've played against this deck. And it's good. I just don't like Scizor at all anymore. I'd rather use SS Steelix or Aggron EX. And in either case I would swap out Azumarril for Wailord to use Boos for the OHKO on the Fire beasts. But I've already talked to you on AIM about that, so I will focus on this deck...

SAF
EON Format

Pokemon: 18
3 Marril (Sandstorm Error)
3 Azumarril (Sandstorm)
2 Scyther (Cross Cut)
2 Scizor (Aquapolis)
2 Sentret
2 Furret
2 Ditto (Skyridge)
1 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)

Energy 18
6 Water
4 Metal
3 Rainbow
3 Warp
2 Boost

Trainers 24
4 Oracle
4 Potion
3 Master Ball
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 Copycat
2 Lanette's Net Search
2 Oran Berry/Crystal Shard
2 Energy Charge
1 Town Volunteers

There ya go. Good luck!!

~Gymbo

A nice fix, although it would have to be Power Charge, not Energy Charge. Small technicality, but they are counted as different cards, and of the two, only Power Charge is E-on legal.

Who cares about power charge and energy charge. Cause I sure don't. Only post if you have something useful to say. Its the same stupid card and we all know what he meant. I hate people like you that eat the rules and spit em out at everyone else.

Anyways...
Thanks for the fix Jim.

Last edited:
Hey, read the rules JediDrew! Bashing someone is a serious offence and comes with serious concequences! Think before you post! :mad:

hey

The deck is looking good, but i dont think you really need 6 switching cards (warp point, switch, warp energy) Drop 2 switch for another Birch and Scyther. I think i like Wailord better then Azumarill but everyone has their own opinion i guess.

Swampert Ex and dkates, he asked for fixes not rules. Why would you waste your time posting something so irrelevant?

Well, I was going to try to redeem myself by posting a deck fix, when I realized something -- this deck really doesn't need any fixing I can think of. Both the original and Jim's version are very good. Normally, having 3 Evolution lines could make things difficult, but they're all stage 1 lines, so it should be fine. Finally, a good E-on deck without a Stage 2!

Obviously Azumarril is better then Wailord for infinite reasons.

1. Better basic. Marril does not have a retreat cost, is my best opening basic, and has a great attack.
2. Less reatreat. This allows me to switch between pokemon alot easier and not have to play many more switch cards.
3. Cheaper and better Attack. Not really cheaper but much better. It is flexable in the amount of energy I need to use and the amount of damage I can do. This allows me to conquer resistance and get lucky wins in where it is a loses if I play Wailord.

There is more where those came from.

Also Scizor is better than Aggron Ex for this deck for infinite reason.

1. Scizor is not stage 2. Aggron costs me a turn more to play, which costs me speed, deck space.
2. Scizor is Faster. The deck is all about comming out of the gates fast. It can snatch turn 2 and do up to 90 turn 3. This allows a great tempo advantage because what they were powering is gone. Aggron allows them to get extra hits in while the damage is building and also takes a mountain of energy for its second attack. This does not allow me to spread out where I play energy and aggron becomes a big waste if it dies quickly.
3. Scizor does not cost 2 prizes. While many say aggron is like 2 Scizor anyway I say it isnt. HP never matters when you play metal energy. A 120 Hp Scizor is great. Which is the way you have to look at it instead of 80 hp since much of the damage is prevented. Thus the Hp is greater than it seems. A Scizor is will not cost me a game by giving up 2 prizes.

Taking out two switch seems like a great idea and will be tested.

They are all great ideas but some just don't fit this deck. I wish this was Poke-Neo where a deck gets fine tuned instead of having its strategy taken away by rulebooks.

Last edited:
I glad someone posted this deck. It sees a fair amount of play up here. Here's my take on this popular deck.
Pokemon 19
3 Scyther
3 Scizor
4 Marril
4 Azumarril
3 Sentret
2 Furret

Trainers 24
4 Research
2 shaman
4 Birch - required in a furret deck due to the fact that trading 2 cards for 1 nrg makes your hand small
2 lanettes net search - 3 color deck
2 Warp Point-use when merril is on the bench
3 elms training method
3 Potion
3 oran berry
1 Volunteer

Energy 17
4 Metal
4 Rainbow
4 Boost
5 Water
I just play the 3 one stage lines with no support pokes. I like the boost for water resistant grass types. I play 4 merrill just to make sure I get one to start and/or have one on the bench when I warp point.

Last edited:
dude, what are you thinking! obviously:

-3 Marril
-3 Azumarril
-3 water
+3 psychic
+3 Psyduck
+3 Golduck (with Chaotic Flash & Special Blow =P)

But seriously, i think the deck's fine. It wins, and thats what its all about. Except of course to my goducks, ohohoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back