Sablelock W/ Yanmega Prime

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Lt. Boomer, Mar 14, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt. Boomer

Lt. Boomer New Member

I don't really feel the need to explain this deck since everyone has an idea on how its played. But for those who don't its a disruption deck which uses Sableye to manipulate the opponents hand and keep them from getting ahead. While Sableye is disrupting the opponent i will begin to set up my pokemon so i can start killing what they manage to get set up. The Yanmega prime is an addition which i feel may be a response to the popularity of donphan and machamp decks with its resistance and it being a stage 1. What makes this an interesting addition is that with playing disruption it can attack for nothing if the opponent shares the same hand size. With judges and copycats this isn't hard at all. Not using your energy drops on yanmega buys time to power up something else while still being able to attack.

Pokemon
    4 Sableye SF
    2 Garchomp SP
    2 Garchomp lvl X sp
    2 Yanma
    2 Yanmega Prime
    1 Ambipom SP
    1 Chatot SP
    1 Crobat SP
    1 Blaziken SP
    1 Blaziken lvl X SP
    1 Uxie

Supporters
    4 Judges
    2 Cyrus's Conspiracy
    3 Collectors
    2 Cyrus's Initiative
    1 Bebe's Search
    1 Copycat
    1 Aarons Collection
    1 Twins

Trainers
    4 poketurn
    3 Energy Gain
    2 SP radar
    2 Power Spray
    1 Luxury Ball
    1 Expert Belt

Energy
    4 DCE
    2 Special dark
    2 Dark
    3 Grass
    2 Fire

Any suggestions on how to improve this list will be greatly appreciated. =)

2. Dragonwarrior7

Dragonwarrior7 New Member

- both blazes
    - 2 fire
    - 3 grass
    - 1 ambipom
    - 1 twins
    - 1 expert belt
    - 1 copy cat

+ 1 uxie
    + 1 crobat
    + 2 Honchkrow G
    + 2 special dark
    + 2 dark
    + 2 Power spray (absolutely necessary with this deck)
    + 1 Cyrus Initiative

the idea is you don't want to forgo disruption just for yanmega so drop the copy cats and other things to keep the deck simple and in line with disruption. Expert belt isn't needed when you can +10 from sp Dark. Honchkrow G keeps in line with sniping the bench (like Garchomp). Crobat helps with KO's as well as Turn 1 donks. No need for twins since the idea is to keep ahead of your opponent and focus on disrupting their draw power. You might even want to drop 1 more collector for a 4x Cyrus's Initiative. that and power spray really make this deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.