Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Salamence SW

i like nachos

I like the new Salamence from Secret Wonders.Its second attack allows you to do 100 to either your oppenents active or one benched pokemon depending on if you discard 2 Fire or 2 Water energys.For the 2 Fire Blaziken or Typhlosion are obvious choices but i don't know about the 2 Water. Any ideas???

Salamence L.62 – Colorless – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Shelgon

[C][C] Critical Hit: 50 damage. This damage isn’t affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.
[R][R][W][W] Dragon Finish: Discard 2 Basic Fire Energy or 2 Basic Water Energy attached to Salamence. If you discard Fire Energy, do 100 damage to the Defending Pokemon. If you discard Water Energy, do 100 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (If you can’t discard, the attack fails.)

Weakness: Colorless (+30)
Resistance: fighting (-20)
Retreat: 3

With the retreat cost so high I don't see you being able to use Firestarter pokemon all that easily. If you do have a way to cycle them back and forth from your bench (maybe Garde?) you could play Holon's Castform and DRE for the Water requirements for the attack cost. Getting the 2 basic Water on every turn would require require something like Flygon d and Amphy d or a lot of Energy Switches asssuming you already have the Water attatched to something.

You could aslo go with Swampert Ex and Holon Circle, but that seems a bit much for an attack that might not even KO something anymore.

Last edited:
Blastoise for water energy, double rainbow for fire energy, Suicune to get energies back? And since you'll already have a Blastoise line for your energy acceleration, you can tech a Blastoise d to help Salamence's crippling weakness.

Or you could run delta basics for Salamence, and charge them up with Flygon d before you evolve them.

Sniping for 90 is pretty cool but sniping for 100 would be so much better. You could take out almost any EX tech people are still using: Mightyena, Jirachi, Delcatty, Absol. If you have a damage spreader somewhere in the deck, add Crawdaunt and Rayquaza to that list. Oh and sniping for 100 would be a great way to take out Chanseys before they become a threat.

Pokepower: Aqua Recover

Once during your turn, when you put Suicune from your hand to your Bench, you may search your Discard Pile for 3 Water Pokemon, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand.

WOW I typed all of that out ;x

i also like this card but toise will be twice as slow as he should be cause the power ends your turn.

but you may as well just stick to basic attaching. cause a hit for 100 then one for 50 should ko most things right now.
blaze fiestater FTW, and that suicune as well.

with Jayson's idea i would go
4-3-4 salamence
4-2-3-1 Baltoise
3 smeargle
2 suicune
1-0-1 Empoleon for sniping
4 holon circles and 4rare candys
a lot of stage 2ws but if you can make it work then....

I guess it depends on what attack you want to go with. You can go with Blaziken or Typlosion for a consistent 100 to the defending, or with Blastoise, which is slightly less consisntent in that you can only drop mass Water Energies every other turn, but you can snipe anything for 100.

i would play 4-3-4 salamence or add a salamence ex DF in it but dont play 4-2-3-1 blastoise just play 3-2-2-1 blastoise.

I would play this card, not as a front line attacker, but as a sniper. 100 to any benched is amazeing. For a powerfull front line attacker have 1/2 Sallamence ex PK.

Looks like a contender for the Ampharos-d/Flygon-d combo. Maybe.

Looks like a contender for the Ampharos-d/Flygon-d combo. Maybe.

You would have to be a pretty sick person to play Ampharos/Flygon AND Salamence in the same deck.

This Salamence would be good if it wasn't basic energy cards, or if it did 130 damage instead of 100. Right now, it's just slow and inconsistent.

You would have to be a pretty sick person to play Ampharos/Flygon AND Salamence in the same deck.

This Salamence would be good if it wasn't basic energy cards, or if it did 130 damage instead of 100. Right now, it's just slow and inconsistent.

what's wrong with 2HKO on everything? i see it as pretty good myself.

Back