Salamence SW

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by LegendaryLugia, Jun 20, 2008.

1. LegendaryLugia

LegendaryLugia New Member

I will start this post by saying that Secret Wonders is one of the best sets that has been printed for ages. Thanks to SW we have Magmortar, Bannette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Absol, Furret, all the cards for Dark Wing Duck, Gardy Lv.X, Ampharos, Electivire, the list is endless.

There's probably another thread out there somewhere about this, but has anyone seen Salamence SW?

Stage 2, :colorless type, Weak: :colorless +30, Resist: :fighting: -20, Retreat: :colorless:colorless:colorless, 140 HP (not bad for a non-Lv.X)

:colorless:colorless Direct Hit 50
    This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

:fire::fire::water::water: Dragon Finish
    Discard 2 basic :fire: Energy cards or 2 basic :water: Energy cards attached to Salamence. If you discarded 2 basic :fire: Energy cards, this attack does 100 damage to the Defending Pokemon. If you discarded 2 basic :water: Energy cards, this attack does 100 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) (If your can't discard cards, this attack does nothing.)

I think it's awesome with energy acceleration (Togekiss, DRE).

What do you think?

LL

2. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Togekiss will be too slow and you cant discard special energys for it's second attack

3. mca3

mca3 New Member

Okay, I have Found the AWESOMES deck idea for him, Salamence/Leafeon LV.X/ Magneton PK. I have Tried it, it is BEASTLY!!! The deck is solid I do run DREs with it for what ever needed. DRE for the Fires, discard to Basic Water for Sniping the Bench for 90!!!

4. Deidara

Deidara New Member

You can try using it with Blastoise SW + Holon Circle but it will be slow because there are 2 Stage 2s in it...

5. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

I have a DP-on deck, Salamence-Togekiss. Rolls with 16 energies (7 fire/9 water) + 3 Night Maintenances. Lost by 1 prize to HP-on Nats top cutter Magmortar, and has been quite successfull altogether.

Not in this format though, Crystal Beaches will eat up too much space.

6. pokemonfreak

pokemonfreak New Member

The best deck at nats with this guy is sally SW/sally ex D/ sallly ex PK, because you can have 4 SW, 2 D, and 1 PK and it will own everyone due to powerful ex and the chance of getting a salamence on 1st turn