Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Salt Lake City Dragon Prerelease Nov 15th

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
Here is the information for the Salt Lake City Dragon Prerelease on November 15th. Or you can check out our new website www.slcpokemon.com for information.

Lower Level near the water fountains
602 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah

Date:Saturday November 15 ,2003
Time: Registration begins at 10 a.m. Tournament begins at 11 a.m.

Entry Fee: $15.00 per player – entry fee includes 6 booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon for use to build a 40 card deck. This is a brand new, unreleased set. You will be able own and play with these cards weeks before you can buy them in the stores. Every participant will also get a special promotional (promo) card.

Format: Every player will get at least 4 rounds of (Age-Modified Swiss-style) battling with your Pokemon-e EX: Dragon 40 card deck.

Prizes: Awarded for each age group. (10 & Under, 11 – 14, 15 & Up)
1st Place: 1 Booster box of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon (36 Booster packs)
2nd Place: 18 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon
3rd & 4th Place: 9 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon
5th - 8th Place: 4 Booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon

Free Ruby & Sapphire Game Boy Advance Tournament

There will be a Game Boy side event held after the main tournament.
Participants must use a Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire Game Boy Advance game with 3 different Pokemon at level 50 or lower.
Sorry, but Groudon, Kyrogre, and Rayquaza are banned.
Prizes for this event will be booster packs of Pokemon-e EX: Dragon.

Also, for the GBA event, Pokemon #201 & #202 are banned. I forget to mention that at our last Prerelease side event and almost had a war with a player who swore he could play with those two Pokemon. Currently, I think they're uncatchable, so the only way to get them is to "shark" them or trade for them with a "sharked" game.

Anyway, good luck with your prerelease.

Yes, they are uncatchable. Thank you for pointing that out, SteveP, it wasn't something I thought about. I'll update the SLCPokemon page with that.

Just got all Dragon Booster boxes and Prerelease promo card in for the tournament. We have tons of booster packs for prizes and a ton more for tournament players that come. Any left over product will be on sell that day only in accordance with the PUI agreement ;)

Hope everyone that can make it does.

Still got room for anyone to preregister for the tournament just check out our new website at www.slcpokemon.com

Last edited:
Also don't forget that any Pokemon not typically found in Ruby or Sapphire should also be banned (since uncatchable without a shark). This includes Pokemon like Blastiose, Charizard, and Mewtwo. In Ruby and Sapphire Pokedex Order any Pokemon that should not be allowed will be numbered 198 to 386.

Back