same stadium ruling request

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by DukeFireBird, Jun 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

in reference to here Has there been a discussion with the designers about same named stadiums being played?

The last i saw was April 18thish when BDS said that the current ruling is no, but again, has this been confirmed?

~Duke

2. M_Liesik

M_Liesik Master Trainer<br><font color=green><i>Keeper of t

The rule used to be in the pre-DP rulebooks (I found it in the HP rulebook on page 9 under "PLAY Trainer cards"). However, all of the DP-on stadiums now have that rule printed on them (If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card) and the rule was removed from the rulebook to save on some space.

I've spoken with the brand team and asked if they can re-add it to the DP7 rulebook, just to help reduce confusion.

So, you CANNOT play a Stadium if another Stadium with the same name is already in play.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I need to make a quick correction here...

All Stadiums from EX Delta Species on have the following rules text printed on them:

Soooooo...

Given that the text has been printed on the cards for nearly three years now (11 sets, counting MD), I'd dare say that the ruling should be crystal clear on this one.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008