Sanctioned Dragon Prerelease Tourney – MILFORD MA

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PokeMeBob, Nov 18, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

TJ Collectibles ~ New England Area EX Dragon Prerelease Tournament

WHEN: Sunday, November 23
    START TIME 11:00
    COST: $17
    FORMAT: Sanctioined Sealed Deck

Following the main tournament, a second sanctioned sealed deck tournament will be held, starting around 2:00pm. The entry fee for each tournaments is $17. Prizes for the second tournament will be EX Dragon booster packs. A BattleTower side tournament will be held if there is enough interest after the main tournament.

Bring your damage counters, GameBoys with either Ruby or Sapphire games, and your BattleTower teams ready to battle. Please plan to arrive early to register as we will also be issuing POP ID numbers and passwords to all participants.

There is plenty of free parking behind TJ Collectibles, which is located at 160 Main St., Milford, MA 01757. Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  2. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

This is great news. Once again you guys at T.J.'s doing a great job at organizing and holding Pokemon events. Is there any chance of holding a sanctioned Modified tourney that day?

3. Monkey

Monkey <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yup, count me in also! I might bring my little bro along also...

Too bad none of the stores around me sell used Pokemon ruby or sapphire games though. I don't want to pay $35 to get either game! :(

4. marril2k

marril2k Member

I'll be there, ready to take on ruling questions and the like! And if all goes well, I'll have a fake promo card for those who ask :D

-marril

5. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

Hi JohnnyBlaze. The second tourney is going to be another sealed deck. I don't think it would be terribly fair to have a modified tournament that day as some of the people already have their EX Dragon cards and are working them into decks, whereas most people are only seeing the cards for the first time. If you want a modified tournament, I will bring a list of our upcoming EON Modified Sanctioned Tournaments at TJs for the month of December. We just started sanctioned tournaments last weekend at League, and plan on holding sanctioned tournaments about every other week on Saturday evenings at 5:00. Hope you can make them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  6. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Bob- Please do bring that list of upcoming events. I expect a big turnout for the Milford event. We have 2 carloads coming up with approximately 12 people. About half of us will also participate in the sealed event afterwards. See you there.

7. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Bout time you join us here, Bob....

8. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

Okay, I admit I've been checking the PokeGym Forum for news for the past few months, and have been working behind the scenes on Pokemon for a few years now. I finally decided to come out in the open. I also like Frosted Flakes. There, that's off my chest!

See you all Sunday at TJs! It's shaping up to be another TJs spectacular event.

9. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

10. PokeMeBob

PokeMeBob New Member

Thank you to all who attended the Milford, MA EX Dragon Prerelease Tournament and side events at TJ Collectibles. We were happy to see some old faces that have been away for a while, and refreshed to see so much renewed interest in the game. Thanks again for joining us in Milford, and thank you TJs for another spectacular day of Pokemon.

Hope to see you at some of our upcoming EON Modified sanctioned tournaments. The next tournament will be held Saturday, November 29 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm.

11. TheBigKid

TheBigKid New Member

This is Chris extending a huge thank you to everyone that worked/judged/helped at this pre-release! It was my first tournament (at TJ or anywhere else) and I am anxiously awaiting the next one! Won't miss it!!! Again, thank you for the great day...TBK