Sanctioned! EX-Dragons Pre-release Chattanooga, TN

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ScythKing, Sep 25, 2003.

1. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

EX-Dragons PreRelease: :thumb:
    When: November 15, 2003
    Where: Chattanooga Convention Center Meeting room 9
    2 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, TN 37401
    Details:
    Registration 10:00 AM, start at 11:00 AM
    Web page: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tn_pokemon_to

Come one - come all! :clap:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  2. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

re

Wow, already scheduled.

3. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Hey, one thing I can say about the crowd (of three?) at Pokemon USA - these guys are working their buns to get the product up to speed and sync'd with Japan. To folks used to the WotC schedule these are dizzying speeds!

4. filinal

filinal New Member

i agree. sets are coming out one after the other. i barely manage to get hold of the money to buy my traditional booster box. it doesnt even let you enjoy the cards fully, i believe as you dont get to play them as much because they new set is already out and your struggling to get hold of the even newer cards. but well what can we do? it is still going to be awesome. thanks jon for scheduling the date in advance. it really is a help so that we can organize rides and times properly.

5. killa_project

killa_project New Member

yes i can now try for my second prerelease win after winning the sandstrom set.

6. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Hey as a matter of note - I tried to get an event up there for you guys but the store owner didn't want it. Sez he doesn't want the ultra-competitive crowd at his store. Does he pay *any* attention to you guys? ;) Anyway - you should try to round up extra players as I'm going to be giving discounts for any player that brings another (paired up that is - IOW if you bring someone - he/she can't "bring" someone themselves). There will also be extra stuff for TEAM points. So if the Nashville team shows up and they win by points then there will be something in it for you guys. I'm working on the details but that is the gist of it. This is a heads up - I will be sending out a flyer to the list.

7. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Can't wait to see these ideas implemented and lots of people participating.
    Only a month away!

8. killa_project

killa_project New Member

i'll talk to Josh and some other people around here to see if i can get them to show up and also what are these flyers that you speak of. Like are you goin to send them to our real house.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  9. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

By email

10. killa_project

killa_project New Member

oh ok i really didn't get that

11. TeamBlackthorn

TeamBlackthorn New Member

Well this is looking so far like the closest event to NC so I guess I'm gonna try to work it out to see how I can get there. Unless one pops up in NC this looks like something worth my time. Specially to see if I have any Limited skills at all. Oh yeah and the entry fee is about $20 correct?. Ok later.
    -Future Olympic Fencer
    ~Nick Goble

12. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Send me your email and I'll put you in the list. Also pass along to any of the others up there. Sensei hasn't made it to one of my events yet...

13. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

:eek: That slacker!!!!!!

:lol: One of these days my friend.

`Sensei

14. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Updated

Time to update the info for this thing:
    November 15, 2003
    Chattanooga Convention Cneter meeting room 9. Registration @ 10:00 AM.
    There will be door prizes and other stuff given out.
    In addition there will be a $5 discount given to anyone bringing a friend. You can take the $5 yourself or split it with your friend for a $2.50 each discount. It is cumulative up to a maximum of FREE. In other words you bring 4 people and take the discount yourself and you get in free. Bring 8 people and you get in free and the 8 people also get a $2.50 discount each. Email me if the math is too much :D
    There will also be a special prize(s) for team points. A maximum of 5 people for a team. Let us know when you register that you are competing for the team prizes. The team with the maximum adjusted points (a simple average) wins the team prize(s) and bragging rights.
    I'm hot on this new set - hope to see lots of you there! There will also be additional cards available at a discount.

15. filinal

filinal New Member

im sorry i havent signepo earlier but i have been disconnected from the internet for a while. i am definitely going. absolute positive. now this time i will try to organize a ride for david kates if he wants to. im going to get all of that organized from before hand. the price reduction for rideons is a great idea. one question, what kind of additional cards are you talking about? also, what is team stuff about? ihope we have more people up there.

16. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Extra cards means there will be EX-Dragon cards for sale if you want more. I have to buy enough to cover the event and any left over - well... I already have mine so I don't need/want anymore.
    The team is simply a group of up to 5 people that wish to call themselves something and count their points to win the team prize. You know = the APF - Atlanta Pokemon Freaks. Whatever you wanna call yourselves. Some folks like to come in as a group for the old esprit de corp. This is my way to encourage it. I hope we have more people too!

17. killa_project

killa_project New Member

Well i think i have a team already ready to be set up if some of the people from the last one show up again.

18. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

I was PM'd but I am posting the contents here as they may be things y'all need to know.

I stated in my message that the points would be averaged and Teams can only be 3-5 players.
    You may in fact assemble the team when you get here but you MUST tell us at the time you register which team you are playing with.
    As far as prizes - there are prizes for top 8 in ALL age groups :-D
    The prizes for Team Championship is a secret but I will say that it is commemorative with the event name, location & date on it.
    As far as your brother - if he plays then either one of you gets the $5 discount or you can each take $2.50

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  19. ScythKing

ScythKing Member

Sanctioned!

Hey folks, finally got the Pokemon site to cooperate and the EX-Dragon pre-release is now officially sanctioned. Yee-haaa!
    I will be sending out a notice for the email list. Anyone wanna give me a roll-call if you'll be here?

20. killa_project

killa_project New Member

might as well seeing that i am pretty confident in my abilities to win the 11-14 division again. So yeah i will be there but i tell you your son is still tough competition no mattet how you look at it.