Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sandstorm Golduck combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

duanojo

For a water and a psychic, Sandstorm Golduck lets you do 30 damage plus 40 more if the defending has any special energy attached.

This seems like a very efficient attack: 70 hits for 2 energy, but I haven't been able to think of anything (other than Lanette's Net Search) that would combo well with it.

Is there anyway to move an energy card onto your opponent's defending? How does Goldie compare to Skyridge Starmie (water)? Since he's probably best as a secondary, supporting Pokemon, what water or psychic Pokes do you think would work as the main hitter if you had Godie?

Aq Tentacruel can put a special energy on your opponents active if there are any in the discard pile. This is still useless against the many decks that simply don't play/rely on special energy. Starmie is better unless you actually are playing Water/Psychic where I would give the edge to Golduck because of its power.

For decks that do not rely on Special Energy, have you looked at .......R&S Seaking? (don't laugh). CC does 30 so one less energy. Same HP. And it's a FREE Retreater!

I don't think Seaking would work that well though even though it has free retreat because Gldock does have that cool power . The only thing is that now Pokemon Retreat without flipping. I do like the Water Arrow attack on Seaking though.

~Eevee

Why did you raise a 4 year old topic. Do NOT do so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back