Save big money on Pokemon, and all other toys at KB October 8-14 u must read this!!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by farbsman, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Thought I would let everyone know about this. Starting today and running through October 14th all KB Toy Works stores are having a special sale. Spend $30 or above on anything in the store excluding video games, accessories, and gift cards, and recieve 30% off your entire purchase!!

This is a lawsuit settlement that KB Holdings INc. The company that owns KB Toy Works has. It appears KB has there normal price, then they red slash it when it is on sale to a lower price. They were sued in a class action lawsuit for never selling some of the toys at the original slashed price.

Part of the lawsuit states they can't advertise it other then in store posters. So you will not see it on TV, in newspapers, or on there website. But right now all stores have posters and stuff around the store letting you know about the sale.

Plus there is a bonus, if anything is on sale this week, for example Fisher price stuff is 20%. If you buy the fisher price stuff, you get the 20%, then if your total is over $30 you get an additional 30%!!! So you actually save around 50%.

Please note, KB toys and Toys R Us are two different companies.

You can see the lawsuit on KB's website at http://www.kbtoys.com/help/legalnotice.html?place=bfnt

Make sure you go get your Pokemon cards and get your Christmas shopping done this week!!!

This is the exact info from the lawsuit:
    In case your wondering, I work at KB part time :)

Store locator can be found at http://www3.kbkids.com/STATES/storfind8.htm

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Too bad the discount isn't in their online store...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  3. djcati

djcati New Member

Ooh, I think KB Toys was the store I went to last October and got a bunch of cards (base and jungle, heh) and sleeves.. Cool.
    Too far now, of course. XD

4. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

KB hardly has anything good.:(

5. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Unfortunatly, It doesn't apply to video games or systems, which is what I was interested in when I first heard about it... :(

6. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Wow, this is better than that RIAA price-fixing settlement that I never got my check from! ;)

7. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Does this mean Pokémon cards are or are NOT 30% off? :)

8. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

They are, but you have to spend 30$ on them:(

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Ooooh! Big sale, big sale! *throws money out the window*

Oh yah...I need that money! X_X

10. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Also look for $1.99 Base Set boosters at KBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.