Scepteon : Help/Criciticism/Suggestions Needed!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Xaej, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaej

Xaej New Member

Hey everybody, this is my first atatempt at making a deck in a long, long, llong time. I haven't really played much at all since the '05 season (the last time I played my decks were Forretress-Pop and Cargorupt) so I'm sure I'm lacking some of the current meta-game knowledge to make my deck as effective as it could be.

Anyway, the strategy is simple: Let Leafeon lv X beat up on everyone, and let Sceptile help him.

Decklist (60):

Pokemon (17)
    Leafeon lv X 2
    Leafeon (lvl 42) 2
    Umbreon 1
    Eevee (call for family) 4
    Sceptile 2
    Grovyle 1
    Treeko 2
    Baltoy 2
    Claydol 2

Trainers (25)
    Celio's Network 4
    Rare Candy 3
    Roseanne's Research 3
    BeBe's Search 3
    Professor Elm's Trng Mthd 2
    Professor Rowan 2
    Premier Ball 2
    Windstorm 2
    Dawn Stadium 3

Energy 18
    Grass 18

Alright, this is my updated decklist after reading some of the advice on the page.

Seriously, any help or suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

- Xaej

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. crazy trader

crazy trader New Member

?

does that say u have :eek:
    4 leafeon lv x
    4 leafeon
    cause last time i checked u can only run a total of 4 of cards like..... leafoen
    the lv x's count as the same card as the normal one ha ha

:biggrin::thumb:

3. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Wallys training is banned..But boy i wish it was legal.. Any way for the deck crazy trader is right u can only have a total of 4 lefeons, and lefeon level x's. So i would suggest running 4 Eevee 2 lefeon 2 lefeon level x 1 umbreon 1 espeon 3-2-2 sceptile ge 1 pop energy trans one..

4. vicarious

vicarious New Member

Check out my decklist! :wink:

Pokémon (23)

4 Eevee
    2 Leafeon Lv. 42
    2 Leafeon Lv.X
    1 Espeon
    1 Umbreon
    2 treecko
    1 grovyle
    2 sceptile GE
    2 baltoy
    2 claydol
    4 phione Lv. 23 (evolution wish)

Energy (15)
    15 Grass

trainers & Supporters (22)

4 celio's network or bebe's
    2 night maintenance
    3 rare candy
    4 rosseane's research
    2 dawn stadium (helps you a lot whit Leafeon Lv.x poké power) Or 2 Crystal beach :thumb: (GG's DRE, scrambles, Firetruk scrambles)
    2 felicity's drawing ( Don't trust all the time in claydol)
    3 windstorm ( for Cess)
    2 warp point (very helpful with umbreon pokébody)

5. charchar

charchar New Member

2-2 claydol. 2 stage 2s and 2 basics with 1 stage one and 4 candies?

6. vicarious

vicarious New Member

3 rare candyes! mainly for sceptile line or T1 claydol & stuff!

7. charchar

charchar New Member

id rather play scramble than beach. first, people play windstorms and other stadiums so it can get canncelled out. second scrambel really heavy damage when losing. at least 2. 3 is good though. 2-2leafeon. 1 umbreon and 1 espeon

8. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Hey, you can't have 4 Leafeons and 4 Leafeon Lv.X's. :lol:

Just go with 2-2. In the rules, Lv.X's are considered the same as the previous stage of it. So, you can only have 4 in combination of Lv.X's/previous stage of Lv.X.

9. Xaej

Xaej New Member

Ok, thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the Lv X rule that they are considered the same Pokemon. The Lv X mechanic is entirely new to me as of last week, last time I played, only ex's existed.

As for Wally's Training, I thought I had read in another thread that it was reprinted at some point and legal, but I must have been mistaken. Thanks for that as well.

Using vicarious' decklist then, my questions are :

Are the Baltoy/Claydol that important/necessary for this deck? I know they add consistency, but wouldn't they also slow it down a bit?

Espeon and Umbreon, are they a very big help? I know their powers, just wondering how much of a difference they make in game?

Just curious what the opinion is : Roseanne's Research vs. Great Ball? Supporter with up to 3 in combination basics & energies, non-supporter with basic?

With Celio's it says "excluding Pokemon-ex" does this apply to the newer lv X pokemon, or strictly to ex's?

Thoughts on running Premier Ball(s) for the Leafeon's?

Any other suggestions/criticisms based on vicarious' list?

- Xaej

10. Yoshi-

Yoshi- New Member

Are the Baltoy/Claydol that important/necessary for this deck? I know they add consistency, but wouldn't they also slow it down a bit?

T2 Claydol means you win lol. Claydol makes every deck playable, you could use purugly with claydol and would do ok, pidgeot is a joke compared to claydol^^

11. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Hey, you still have 4 Leafeons and 4 Leafeon Lv.Xs.

12. vicarious

vicarious New Member

Claydol is a beast in this deck! Umbreon helps a lot against Magmortar, Infernape, etc.
    Whit celios you may search Lv.x's cards, it,s restricted only for Ex- pokémon!
    Rosseane's is better than great ball in this one, you may search the energy for Leafeon Lv.x and his poképower: until 3energy per turn!
    Good luck!

13. Xaej

Xaej New Member

Alright, I updated the decklist up top. Let me know what you think.

- Xaej

14. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

how are you goin to attack with umbreon? and where is espeon?

BLiZz

15. Xaej

Xaej New Member

I forgot to add in the energy, thanks lol.

Do you think Scramble or DRE would be more effective?

Is Espeon really necessary? The idea with Umbreon isn't so much to beef up my Leafeons as it simply removing the fire weakness considering how largely played Infernape & Magmortar are.

- Xaej

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.