Sceptile deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Misdreavus, Dec 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

Hey. This is my first post here and I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me out with my Sceptile deck.

Pokémon (17):
    4x Treecko (Tail Slap/Razor Leaf)
    2x Grovyle (Poison Breath/Swift)
    4x Sceptile (3x Lizard Poison, 1x Energy Trans)
    3x Skitty (Plus Energy)
    2x Delcatty (Energy Draw)
    2x Roselia

Trainers (24):
    3x Professor Oak's Research
    3x Professor Elm's Training Method
    3x Oracle
    3x Moo-Moo Milk
    3x Rare Candy
    2x Pokémon Nurse
    2x Switch
    2x Low Pressure System
    2x Strength Charm
    1x Town Voulenteers

Energies (19):
    19x Grass Energy

Not much to say here... pretty much self-explanatory. I choose to go 3-1 instead of 2-2 on the Sceptiles because the Lizard Poison is MUCH more important to me... I am even thinking about ditching the Energy Trans one and the Nurses for something else. The Strength Charms are techs for Gardevoir ex decks (which make up about 50% of the decks in my area) so that Solarbeam can OHKO Gardevoir ex. The high amount of energy seems necessary because of Delcatty's Energy Draw. I was thinking about playing some Fishermen in this deck to get my energies back quickly... what would you guys recommend? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  2. Shift

Shift New Member

Let's see what I can do here, first of all, it's a pretty nice deck, I've been trying to come up with a Sceptile (Lizard Poison) deck myself.

I would drop the Strength Charm's as it is not needed much in this deck since you'll be going poison crazy.
    up the TV count by 1 or maybe 2.

I'd leave the Energy Trans Sceptile because that is a mighty handy power to have.

Since Gardy EX is big in your area, have you thought about running a 2-3 Wynaut/Wobbuffet line?

3. Misdreavus

Misdreavus Member

I have thought of both Wynaut and Wobbuffet but I really have no room in the deck right now for them... is there anything you can see that I can replace Wynaut/Wobbuffet with?

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

i guess the deck is fine, just a few minor changes:

-1 moo
    +1 nurse
    -1 skitty
    +1 fan club

that way i guess youll be able to get skittys and treeckos early game.

5. Shift

Shift New Member

You could drop the Delcatty line and add the Wobbuffet line, but that would be a tough choice to make, since Delcatty gives you more draw power and Skitty helps you get energies to feed Sceptile's Energy Trans and Delcatty's attack.

I dunno, playtest both lines against a few Gardevoir Decks in your area, to see which one works better.

6. blaziken

blaziken New Member

would add 2 fan clubs , 1 town of volunteers , more tv reporters and drop most of the moo moo milks and potion healing doesnt help sceptile that much i used to run one in unlimted and u might want to thin out ur treekos and groviles if ur using 3 candies

7. dkates

dkates New Member

Looks good overall. I would advise switching Grovyles -- preferably to the Dragons version, but at least to the other one from R/S. Also, if you have them, switch to the Dragons version of Treecko. Drop the Elm's Training Methods for TV Reporters, Copycats, or Desert Shamans; alternatively, you could use those slots to max out Pokemon Nurse and Oak's Research. Finally, consider dropping one Grass Energy for a third Switch. A good Fire deck will still give you trouble, but I'll let you figure out if and how to account for that.

8. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I'd say take out the Delcatty line for the 2/3 Wubba line. U have enough draw power as it is. Nice deck BTW! :thumb:
    -Swampert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.