Sceptile TecH

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by JediDrew, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDrew

JediDrew New Member

This is the deck that a lot of the people at york run now and it is one of the top decks in the format right now.

Pokemon16
    4 Treecko-promo
    4 Grovyle-promo
    3 Sceptile-obviously energy trans
    1 suicune-Sk
    1 Wobbuffet-SS
    1 Mewtwo ex
    1 Moltres-Sk
    1 Dunsparce

Trainers 25
    3 Juggler
    4 Research
    2 Copycat
    4 Oracle
    2 Fan Club
    4 Nurse
    2 Potion
    3 Switch
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy 19
    15 Grass
    4 Rainbow

First off the numbers on the Tech pokemon change drastically depending on your environment so I just put them all at one.
    Suicune is for fire obviously. Moltres is for the mirror, scizor and if you want anything fighting. Mewtwo ex is for gardevoir but is also used a lot as a main attacker over Sceptile. Wobbuffet is generally for amphy Ex or anything random that has Ex in the name.
    If you dont know the stategy you get out a Sceptile and trans rainbows around for use on your Tech pokemon. Nurse cleans up damage when it gets heavy. Juggler is for massive draw and is the reason why the energy count is so high. It is also abusable with mewtwo so you have three energy on the table turn two. The number is upped if you play more mewtwo ex. Fan Club gets out the tech fast when you need it.
    Potion is for little damage or rainbow damage. Switch changes your Tech out and keeps your energy on the table.

For any rogue stuff you either use your Tech guy with the advantage or smash them in the face with Sceptile. Suprisingly Sceptile is used as a main attacker more than anything and is not the bad attacker everyone thinks. No damage is fine with all your healing and 50 to 100 smashes things pretty good.

For Amphy you drop wobuffet down on their amphy and kill it. Switch gets rid of any paralyzation. The power doesnt matter all that much as you just attach to something that will never attack. Sceptile can be used on the amphy in desperate situations and they should never feel safe with a amphy that has 50 or more damage. A hit for 100 can be a game breaker.

For Blaz/eggs you want to kill the eggy with moltres or some other hitter. Then follow it up with beats from cune. The matchup is horrible and you need some good luck to win it. Cune isnt all that great and I am looking into other water Tech choices.

Garde is probably the easiest matchup as you can control how much damage it does. A quick mewtwo beatdown is always good as is wobuffet ones. EX is weak to sceptile so it shouldnt be a problem. If you play smart this is no problem.

The mirror is all about getting the tech out to counter their Tech. Make the smart trades to gain the advantage and you should win. Try not to commit too much energy to an active as you will be vulnerable for a number of turns and they should be getting a type advantage for a prize each turn.

Anything water does not stand a chance and should just conciede when they see sceptile. Swampert was a horrible deck that got worse when amphy ex came out. The deck is not all that easy to play and you have to make good card picks. It is important to know what to oracle for and when along with what Tech to use and when. Any comments or whatever are welcome.

EDIT- The deck can also be run with delcatty. Take out Research and copycat and add a 2/2 line, Max out juggler and add another energy- EDIT

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  2. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

this is a good deck dude I havent tested it but have played against it, so I really cant say much for fixes but I am curious how many people play it at york and how many times its won there ;\

3. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

The only thing I'd change maybe is the potion to Oran Berry. You can attach Oran Berry then use something like Oaks Research... it thins the deck for one, and makes it so you still got the healing power available. Seeing as you don't play any other tools I think it'd be better.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  4. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Well, I was the first to run it, Iw on the first tournement undefeated, than got 2nd the next tournement when Drew here flipped 4 outta 4 heads with his Scizor to KO my Mewtwo EX that had all my energy on it! But yeah, I know I use it, Drew uses it, I believe *MIsty* uses it, im not sure.

Also, the Delcatty version is INSANE. Its better than without it by far, for two reasons. Insanely consistant Oracle Delcattys. Easy way to get NRG in the dsicard for Mewtwo EX, who effectively lets u attach to anyone u want due to E Trans. Also, Delcatty can use its attack as an insane cleaner for near infinite. Overall, the consistancy just increases.

You sell the deck short vs Fire tho. Mewtwo EX can fight it well too, doing 60. Its once they get out their Exeggcutor that ur in pain, but u can Moltres it. I run 2 Suicunes just for it, and it does fine. Its still your hardest match up by far of course, but its not HORRIBLE. A better water pokemon IS needed though.

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I would atleast throw in 1 Lizard Poison Sceptile. It is a really good attacker combined with Trans/Nurse and 120 HP. In my Sceptile tech I use 2 of the more important techs being Suicune, Wobuffet and Entei to beat Exeggutor. In this deck Lanette over Fan Club. Grab Treecko and 2 techs.

6. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

I've been playing this since TTar posted it on the Gym. The thing that gives me the most trouble is Slaking, with few fighting basics that can actually deal sixty damage in one shot or can withstand 100 damage and still manage to knock one out. So far none fit that build and even if one is knocked out, anyone who knows how to play Slaking will have another on the bench with a boost in hand. I've tried Hitmonchan ex, but no real luck with that.

3 R/S Treecko
    3 R/S Grovyle
    3 R/S Sceptile ( Energy Trans )
    1 Sandstorm Wobbuffet
    1 R/S Mewtwo ex
    1 Skyridge Moltres
    2 Aquapolis/Promo Suicune
    2 R/S Skitty
    2 R/S Delcatty

4 Rainbow Energy
    14 Grass Energy

4 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Oracle
    2 Lanette's Net Search
    1 Town Volunteer
    4 Pokemon Nurse
    2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    4 Switch
    3 Juggler

I'd lose the Copycats, Jugglers and Research are enough. As Pigeotto Trainer said, go with Lanette instead of Fan Club. I'd lose the small Potion/Oran healing for Mr. Briney's Compassion (Fuji for non-ex) and add in another switch card. 18 energy is fine for this deck. If you are having problems with Rainbow, try teching in two Multi Energy. However Juggler will have a harder chance of pulling its highest amount. Play around with the numbers, see what's best in your metagame.
    -Phil

7. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

i run this deck, it is one of the 11 decks i have. I now official coin the phrase SepTech system hahah get it haaha anyway yea that is what i call my version and if you use it just remember where you got it GodTrainer oyea king of deck names lol

8. I agree with Pidgeotto atleast 1 PT Scep couldn't hurt.This is what I think.

-1 ET Scep
    -1 Juggler
    +1ET Scep
    +1 Psycick Energy
    With out Wynaut I don't like Wobbuffet.Dunsparce is to weak for this deck and 1 more Copycat wouldn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.